GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Royal Rumble to be Shown On Sky"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/01/02 at 14:59
Regular
Due to high demand, Sky have decided to buy the rights to the Royal Rumble and will show it live on - you guessed it - Sky Box Office for the sum of £14.

Talk about the smell of making a killing.
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh, one more thing, we should think ourselves lucky. The Americans have to pay for ALL the PPVs.
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
And anyway, the bill doesn't come for months.
Thu 10/01/02 at 15:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Nope, neither am I Kid Rock. Try explaining it to Ant, he just doesn't listen.
> Fool, he shall die along with the rest! Muahahaha!

Hey, I only have to pay £7, as my brother's paying for half. {:)

You call me a fool?!?! (puts AfroJoe in a 6-on-1 CAW handicap match for next week.)
Wed 09/01/02 at 21:36
Regular
"..."
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> Why pay for something that isn't real??

Why name yourself after a reserve team player?
Wed 09/01/02 at 21:04
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
£14 would pay for a good (ie very drunk) night out.
Rather that than watch 3 hours of wrestling, which to be honest will more than likely be crap (Flair vs Vince)

And I dont have Sky.

Looks like i aint gonna be rumbleing this year.
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Maybe some people (most folks here) enjoy watching it. One thing is that I ain't paying for this one, I don't mind events free but £14, no way!
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:05
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Why pay for something that isn't real??
Wed 09/01/02 at 19:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Nope, neither am I Kid Rock. Try explaining it to Ant, he just doesn't listen. Fool, he shall die along with the rest! Muahahaha!
Wed 09/01/02 at 18:59
Regular
i aint paying for that!!!!!!
any way you will see most of the rumble on RAW the friday after with highlights on there
Wed 09/01/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
Here's the official report from Sky:

"Due to huge public demand Sky Box Office have stepped in at the last minute to bring one of the main World Wrestling Federation flagship events direct from the USA to British & Irish viewers.

'Royal Rumble' will be shown live from Atlanta on Sunday Night, 20th January and repeated every four hours for seven days.

Royal Rumble will include an amazing 30 wrestlers at 2 minute intervals - who will be the last man standing and gain a place in the coveted 'Wrestlemania' main event?

Viewers will also be able to catch the title match between The Rock and Chris Jericho for the undisputed WWF championship. Only Sky Box Office is big enough to handle this live and exclusive event."

DETAILS

Title: World Wrestling Federation - Royal Rumble
Venue: Live from Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia
Date: The night of Sunday 20th January 2002
Time: 1am - 4am approx. (Sunday Night/Monday Morning)
Channel: Sky Digital Channel 770 and cable
Price: £14 (Euro 21.99)
Repeats: Every four hours from 4pm Monday 21st January - 8pm Sunday 27th January - unlimited repeats at no extra cost
Boooking: Viewers can purchase the event from 48 hours in advance (1am night of Friday 18th January by going to SBO Channel 770

INFO LINE: For further info viewers can call 08705 800 888

My brother blew his top when he found out. £14 for a 3 hour wrestling event? Pah! My bro will just copy it from someone at school anyway :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.