GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever done anything illegal?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/07 at 14:43
Regular
So far in your life, have you ever broken the law? You can answer with a simple yes or no, or go into more detail.

I'm thinking a high percentage of people have done something illegal. I'm not talking about murder or rape (though I wouldnt be suprised if some of you have committed arson) but small, petty crimes.

Perhaps you werent even aware you were committing a crime or you feel what you've done shouldnt be illegal in the first place.

Lets have a quick run down to confirm whether some things you might have done, are actually illegal or not. And no this is not a list of things I've done. (well not all of them)

Is it illegal to download copyrighted songs, movies and TV shows?
Is it illegal to park in a disabled space?
Is it illegal to steal traffic cones and wear them as a hat?
Is it illegal to prank call the emergency numbers?
Is it illegal to have sexual intercourse with livestock?
Is it illegal to park infront of somebodys driveway?
Is it illegal to film your sister in the shower?
Is it considered rape if you have sex with a drunk woman?
Is it illegal to pay someone 'cash in hand' to avoid taxes?
Is it illegal to litter?
Is it illegal for women to walk around topless in town?
Is it illegal to use someone elses WIFI connection?
Is it illegal to burn flags?

I think that'll do for now =/
Tue 17/07/07 at 17:28
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I've saved the life of my sisters baby rabbit (Well, he's grown up now), I walked through a rose bush in bear feet to stop him falling into a very fast flowing stream. Shall we turn this into the good deeds thread?
Tue 17/07/07 at 17:33
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
People on moral high ground just have further to fall. Which of course, makes it all the more amusing when they do. :)
Tue 17/07/07 at 17:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Machie wrote:
> ... As for me I've done a few things, I think my worst offence is
> downloading stuff. =( I'm sorry Timmargh ...

No need to apologise to me, mister -- I'm not judging anyone.
Tue 17/07/07 at 17:51
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I download music videos from YouTube, would that be considered illegal? Wow, I never realised how much I break the law :S
Tue 17/07/07 at 18:35
Regular
Streaming something like a music video on YouTube can't be classed as 'stealing' as such, because it's not something you'd pay for anyway if you watched it on a music channel.

As for downloading though, I suppose you are technically stealing as it doesn't cost you anything to get something to keep which you'd have to buy off something like iTunes
Tue 17/07/07 at 18:59
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
The issue is copyright, method of delivery and/or whether the content has any monetary value is irrelevant.
Tue 17/07/07 at 19:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
tnc wrote:
> Streaming something like a music video on YouTube can't be
> classed as 'stealing' as such, because it's not something you'd
> pay for anyway if you watched it on a music channel...

Technically it still is because you can buy music videos (they go for £1.89 a pop on iTunes) and to watch it on a music channel you'll have paid for a TV license and presumably a satellite/cable subscription.

Sorry!
Tue 17/07/07 at 19:07
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I think half the trouble is that when you download something there's no actual physical evidence unlike if you've shoved a DVD down your pants in a shop. People download, watch, delete and then assume they've done nothing wrong.
Tue 17/07/07 at 19:33
Regular
"Mooching around"
Right now, I'm downloading Windows Vista Ultimate, Microsoft Office 2007, several movies, and them im selling them all for a profit... Is that really such a crime?
Tue 17/07/07 at 19:34
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Whereas when I download things they are just for personal use, shame on you Chaos.

Timmargh wrote:
> tnc wrote:
> Streaming something like a music video on YouTube can't be
> classed as 'stealing' as such, because it's not something you'd
> pay for anyway if you watched it on a music channel...
>
> Technically it still is because you can buy music videos
> (they go for £1.89 a pop on iTunes) and to watch it on a
> music channel you'll have paid for a TV license and presumably a
> satellite/cable subscription.
>
> Sorry!

So by that logic, does that make watching a video on YouTube illegal?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.