GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever done anything illegal?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/07/07 at 14:43
Regular
So far in your life, have you ever broken the law? You can answer with a simple yes or no, or go into more detail.

I'm thinking a high percentage of people have done something illegal. I'm not talking about murder or rape (though I wouldnt be suprised if some of you have committed arson) but small, petty crimes.

Perhaps you werent even aware you were committing a crime or you feel what you've done shouldnt be illegal in the first place.

Lets have a quick run down to confirm whether some things you might have done, are actually illegal or not. And no this is not a list of things I've done. (well not all of them)

Is it illegal to download copyrighted songs, movies and TV shows?
Is it illegal to park in a disabled space?
Is it illegal to steal traffic cones and wear them as a hat?
Is it illegal to prank call the emergency numbers?
Is it illegal to have sexual intercourse with livestock?
Is it illegal to park infront of somebodys driveway?
Is it illegal to film your sister in the shower?
Is it considered rape if you have sex with a drunk woman?
Is it illegal to pay someone 'cash in hand' to avoid taxes?
Is it illegal to litter?
Is it illegal for women to walk around topless in town?
Is it illegal to use someone elses WIFI connection?
Is it illegal to burn flags?

I think that'll do for now =/
Tue 17/07/07 at 14:43
Regular
So far in your life, have you ever broken the law? You can answer with a simple yes or no, or go into more detail.

I'm thinking a high percentage of people have done something illegal. I'm not talking about murder or rape (though I wouldnt be suprised if some of you have committed arson) but small, petty crimes.

Perhaps you werent even aware you were committing a crime or you feel what you've done shouldnt be illegal in the first place.

Lets have a quick run down to confirm whether some things you might have done, are actually illegal or not. And no this is not a list of things I've done. (well not all of them)

Is it illegal to download copyrighted songs, movies and TV shows?
Is it illegal to park in a disabled space?
Is it illegal to steal traffic cones and wear them as a hat?
Is it illegal to prank call the emergency numbers?
Is it illegal to have sexual intercourse with livestock?
Is it illegal to park infront of somebodys driveway?
Is it illegal to film your sister in the shower?
Is it considered rape if you have sex with a drunk woman?
Is it illegal to pay someone 'cash in hand' to avoid taxes?
Is it illegal to litter?
Is it illegal for women to walk around topless in town?
Is it illegal to use someone elses WIFI connection?
Is it illegal to burn flags?

I think that'll do for now =/
Tue 17/07/07 at 15:01
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
In my youth I was on the wrong side of some breaking and entering, burglary, car theft and perverting the cause of justice charges. But I grew out of it and I'm just glad I got it out of my system before I hit 18.
Tue 17/07/07 at 15:14
Regular
"Laughingstock"
You know, I don't think I have. Nothing major anyway. Unless thought-crimes count. :-{o
Tue 17/07/07 at 15:26
Regular
Regarding the questions at the end of the original post, just out of interest, who is responsible for ensuring that we know that all of them are illegal? Parents? Schools? Government? They say ignorance doesn't equate to innocence but whose job is it to ensure that we're not ignorant in the first place?
Tue 17/07/07 at 15:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'm quite disturbed what's been posted here in terms of that list, should I be concerned or just admit to the series of heavy sack beatings I've been administering?
Tue 17/07/07 at 15:57
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Regarding the questions at the end of the original post, just out
> of interest, who is responsible for ensuring that we know that
> all of them are illegal? Parents? Schools? Government? They
> say ignorance doesn't equate to innocence but whose job is it to
> ensure that we're not ignorant in the first place?

Legally, its up to us. The Government assumes our parents will do it, and that if we don't know we are supposed to find out before we act...... how moronic is that. Maybe if we had basic law lessons such as whats right and wrong we wouldn't have the army of chavs breathing down our necks.
Tue 17/07/07 at 16:09
Regular
"Laughingstock"
A lot of them comes down to common sense and respect for others. Simple moral guidance from parent/s is surely enough. Beyond that ...

Personally I think the one concerning women walking topless in town should be changed.
Tue 17/07/07 at 16:17
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Is it considered rape if you have sex with a drunk woman?

Sex with a woman who is drunk may soon be rape

George McAuley, chairman of the UK Men's Movement, said men may have to resort to obtaining written 'contracts' or using mobile phones to film their partners consenting to sex.

He said: "It means men will have to get a consent form signed, dated and countersigned in triplicate before they make love. This legislation is deliberately designed to put more men behind bars."
Tue 17/07/07 at 16:19
Regular
I like the way the Daily Mail run that story next to a picture of a girl who is evidently out of her skull getting kissed in a nightclub with the caption "...savouring a smooch."

Daily Fail.
Tue 17/07/07 at 16:20
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Well, most things i've done are very minor, i'm sixteen, and obviously all sixteen year olds have drunk out before, even though I think in the house you are allowed to have a small glass of alcohol at the age of five. Could you classify playing Grand Theft Auto and video games like that, or watching films like The Exorcist and Scary Movie by age, because of course i've done that as well. Most Eighteen rated films and video games don't warrant classifications like that in my opinion, and not a lot of people take notice of them anyway.

I've also smoked, but nothing more than that, I download illegally all day long, although obviously that's a very minor offence, as is the cupboard full of pirate DVD's I own. I would hardly classify littering as illegal, I bet everyone has done it at some point. Sure, if there's a bin about, i'll stick whatever I don't need in there, but if not, I'll feel no guilt about chucking whatever it is on the floor.

Stealing? Well, i've stolen money from my parents and i've probably stolen a few other things over the time, although nothing major as such, although you could counteract that by arguing it's the principle of stealing and it's just wrong, full stop. What I can safely say though is i've never commited a crime I would deem worthy of imprisonment, not that it matters at my age. Well, I suppose it does now.

As for the sex with drunk women, that's just obsurd: "George McAuley, chairman of the UK Men's Movement, said men may have to resort to obtaining written 'contracts' or using mobile phones to film their partners consenting to sex." .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.