GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today, I pre-ordered..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/01/02 at 22:19
Regular
Dropship.

It's due on 18th January according to SR, and having played the demos I must have it!

I had to renew my membership, too - and claimed an inflatable chair as my free gift... I'm looking forward to getting that too!

Anyway, if Dropship interests you, don't forget to pre-order!
Thu 03/01/02 at 10:03
Regular
Tyla wrote:
Usual 1st Class (Same
> as Gameplay)sent on day before release so you should receive it on relese day.
> But as it's cheaper than anyone else either online or instore, who cares about a
> couple of extra days (Especially if you can't get the time off work to paly
> it!!).

Again purely for research purposes, do they charge your credit card at the time of order like SR or when the game is dispatched like Gameplay.
Thu 03/01/02 at 09:58
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Shadow wrote:
>What is the delivery like with this
> company, Just interested for research purposes you
> understand.

Usual 1st Class (Same as Gameplay)sent on day before release so you should receive it on relese day. But as it's cheaper than anyone else either online or instore, who cares about a couple of extra days (Especially if you can't get the time off work to paly it!!).
Thu 03/01/02 at 09:15
"High polygon count"
humpo wrote:
> as far as flight sim type games go i like the look of ace
> combat 4....which i have already mentioned

Yup, I plan on getting that one too.
Thu 03/01/02 at 09:14
"High polygon count"
FatButcher wrote:
> Dont worry wookiee, i pre ordered it too

Blimey! I must be psychic, because somehow I already knew... it's almost as if you told me it was due out. how creepy is that...?
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:53
Regular
Tyla wrote:

Guess who I went with?

What is the delivery like with this company, will it arrive on the day of release, I know I have found cheaper companies before only to find I had to wait up to a week for the game to arrive. With SR and Gameplay, every game so far has arrived either on or in some cases before the date of release.

Just interested for research purposes you understand.
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:37
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I've just preordered MGS2, but not through SR... Here's why:

MGS2:

Gameplay.com = £37.99 incl. Delivery
EB = £42.99 + Delivery
Amazon = £34.99 + Del (£37.13)
Special Reserve = £36.99 + Del for non members
Play.com = £34.99 incl Delivery

Guess who I went with?
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:04
Regular
"Tag as above"
Dont worry wookiee, i pre ordered it too
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:02
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
Blank wrote:
> The loading times put me off Dropship. Don't get me wrong, the game's fantastic,
> but with the incrdibly long loading times and the small amount of missions I
> think I'll pass.

i agree....the loading times are horrendous but as wookie said this is only a demo code. but i will be intrested to see just how much they are reduced by becuse on the demo the were outstandingly long
Thu 03/01/02 at 08:00
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Dropship.

It's due on 18th January according to SR, and having played the
> demos I must have it!

I had to renew my membership, too - and claimed an
> inflatable chair as my free gift... I'm looking forward to getting that
> too!

Anyway, if Dropship interests you, don't forget to pre-order!

as far as flight sim type games go i like the look of ace combat 4....which i have already mentioned
Wed 02/01/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
If I could i'd be pre-ordering a ton of games right now, unfortunately my gaming buys are dictated by the income from my job, which... isn't anywhere near enough.

Still, i'll be doing my very best to have enough to pre-order both MGS2 and MoH as soon as possible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.