GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UNCOVERED Game-A-Day Fake!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 13:21
Regular
Being quite keen to make sure my hard earned cash isn't wasted on below standard games, There are a few review sites which I will visit before making a purchase from special reserve. One of these sites being situated in the US. Imagine my dismay at finding one reviewer here cutting and pasting the reviews from that website directly to this website without even changing a word.
The culprit:

TRIPLE_H.

Checkout some of the reviews such as Baldurs Gate or Jak and Daxter.
This is obviously a ploy to flood the site with as many reviews as possible (written by proffesional reviewers I might add) to see if he/she can sneak off with a couple of free games.
Well, you've been rumbled!! You should hold your head in shame.
C'mon put your OWN words in the review and give us all a chance.
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:46
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I certainly think that Triple_H is INOCENT until proven guilty. I have also seen Triple_H around here, and if he really has copied reviews, it would be a bit disappointing as he has the potential to make his own, better reviews. Also, normally a newbie is the only sort of person to do this, and I think Triple_H has more sense.

Triple_H should be given a chance to speak for himself before people start accusing him.
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:43
Regular
You put a tear to my eye there Triple_H........

or not....
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:40
Regular
"es argh"
I believe him.
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:39
Regular
Yeh......
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:38
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Right hello people.....

I am quite disappointed that many people on here think that I have been copying reviews from a mentioned site. I can understand why people would think that since my name is obviously there right next by the reviews.

I can assure you that I never copied a review from any site. Yes I have been to the mentioned gaming site, and I have been reading their PS2 reviews before, but I do believe in fair play and that cheating isnt fair to every other member of the forums who have written legitimate reviews.

I know that none of you will probably believe me but I know that I havnt been copying anything. I have won GAD 3 times and 2 of them were for reviews that I wrote and 1 was for a post about the success of the PS2.

I am really disappointed at what has happened since I do not (and I am not lying) have a clue whats going on.

The thing is that I never log-in to SR. On the edit my details bit I selected remember me so that I dont have to bother logging in every single time, considering that my internet connection is a bit slow at times. Now, many of you would think I am trying to wiggle out of this but believe me I am not. I would be honest with all of you if I had done something wrong but in this instance I do not believe I have done anything wrong.

No I do not have a brother or a sister and noone else in my family uses the Internet that much so that leaves my mates that do go on the net on my computer. I will have to ask them if they know what is going on.

Fair enough, if you dont believe me, dont believe me but I am really disappointed and frustrated that someone (whoever it may be) has done this. I considered myself a decent poster and I do not have to cheat to win a GAD.

I think that we are all like a big family (even if we dont know how we look in most cases :)) and I consider this place very important.

I am aware of people being banned for the same reason and if SR feel that the evidence is against me-they can go ahead. But to be honest I will be gutted if I am banned for something I havnt done.

Now I will be on for the most of the night so if you have any questions fire away. I hope we can sort this out.....
Thank you
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:26
Regular
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:26
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Salevaa wrote:
> I am going to say that "Triple-H" is guilty until proven
> innocent.

Shut up you prat, you dont even know the guy and thats not the attitude needed here.
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:25
Regular
Where is Triple_H???
Maybe we could ask Judge John Deed what he thinks?
Innocent until proven for the time being I think.
Does seem suspicious though
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:13
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
ok,

Accusations are not somithing i like.

innocent until proven guilty.

there
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:47
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
This guy who copied reviews (certainly not me by the way - lol), but has anyone mentioned that he may be here already, under a different screen name on GAD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.