GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UNCOVERED Game-A-Day Fake!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 13:21
Regular
Being quite keen to make sure my hard earned cash isn't wasted on below standard games, There are a few review sites which I will visit before making a purchase from special reserve. One of these sites being situated in the US. Imagine my dismay at finding one reviewer here cutting and pasting the reviews from that website directly to this website without even changing a word.
The culprit:

TRIPLE_H.

Checkout some of the reviews such as Baldurs Gate or Jak and Daxter.
This is obviously a ploy to flood the site with as many reviews as possible (written by proffesional reviewers I might add) to see if he/she can sneak off with a couple of free games.
Well, you've been rumbled!! You should hold your head in shame.
C'mon put your OWN words in the review and give us all a chance.
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:21
Being quite keen to make sure my hard earned cash isn't wasted on below standard games, There are a few review sites which I will visit before making a purchase from special reserve. One of these sites being situated in the US. Imagine my dismay at finding one reviewer here cutting and pasting the reviews from that website directly to this website without even changing a word.
The culprit:

TRIPLE_H.

Checkout some of the reviews such as Baldurs Gate or Jak and Daxter.
This is obviously a ploy to flood the site with as many reviews as possible (written by proffesional reviewers I might add) to see if he/she can sneak off with a couple of free games.
Well, you've been rumbled!! You should hold your head in shame.
C'mon put your OWN words in the review and give us all a chance.
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:24
Regular
"not dead"
You should really have emailed this to [email protected] and let the staff deal, rather than throwing it to the lions.
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:26
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
If it's in regards to Bulder's Gate: Dark Alliance, are you refering to the last two posters, or the first two?

Thank you
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:27
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> You should really have emailed this to [email protected] and let the
> staff deal.

Well put
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:28
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
How silly am I - you meant TRIPLE_H.

I am so THICK - lol
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:33
Regular
"I confused?"
Cheaters make me mad!!!!!!!!!
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:40
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> You should really have emailed this to [email protected] and let the
> staff deal, rather than throwing it to the lions.

Maybe I will,
At least this way everyone knows!!
His name is now mud.

Oh yeah, and gamerevolution does good reviews!!
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:53
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Hang on here, stop right there before making big accusations. Now i know the lad quite well and hes a good poster here who has won GAD's with his own work. Now i dont know about him copying but in my opinion i dont think he would. Did you ever think that he might have written the reveiw and posted it somewhere else? Many other sites too let you post reviews on there sites.

And like its been said, you should have emailed SR, not post here.
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Do you people actually check each and every winner to see if it's copied?

Sheesh
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:06
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Mmmmmm....???

The vitues from both sides of this argument seem a little dubious to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.