GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Fri 11/03/11 at 14:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Butch wrote:
DL, using the username currently entered in your router will provide you much better results :)

That's the one I'm using Butch :¬)
Fri 11/03/11 at 14:35
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not according to everything I can see here...
Fri 11/03/11 at 15:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Butch wrote:

Just checked....using the same as in the router 'sr1234 etc AT adsl.enta.net' and the same p/word .... it's not a problem as everything is displaying correctly and refreshing, just annoying :¬)
Fri 11/03/11 at 15:56
"Are you sure?"
Butch wrote:

Interesting.

Are you looked at the server stats DL generates or what you think his ADSL login details should be?

If it's the second one, then could this be related to the mis-match issue between the ADSL login details published in MyFreeola and what your router needs that's been raised in the past for some users?
i.e. One saying Freeola but only Enta will actually work.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 11/03/11 at 18:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Interesting.

Are you looked at the server stats DL generates or what you think his ADSL login details [i]should
be?

If it's the second one, then could this be related to the mis-match issue between the ADSL login details published in MyFreeola and what your router needs that's been raised in the past for some users?
i.e. One saying Freeola but only Enta will actually work.[/i]

This may just be the case Hmmm. I've just double-checked something that has puzzled me for quite a few years now ... I have two SR account numbers within MyFreeola - one for broadband and a different one for all email accounts (this being my original SR number). However, on checking, the unused dial-up account has the same SR as my broadband ie the one recognized by enta.
Sun 13/03/11 at 18:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Evening all.....

May call this post 'Email Problems Again...'

Freeola/GetDotted have hosted my domain for nearly 11 years now. It has five associated email addresses. One of these addresses is an address used by one of my sons. He recently moved and is now having problems 'sending' emails using this address...he can receive!

Everything checks out...settings etc and we can even 'ping' Freeola smtp server and receive a positive response. But still no send!

His new IP is not Freeola...so is this the reason? or should he still be able to send and receive regardless?
Mon 14/03/11 at 09:03
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
What's the address of the outgoing server he's using?

This will need to be Freeola's 'auth' server on a non-Freeola connection with corresponding authentication settings etc.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 14/03/11 at 09:11
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
Are you looked at the server stats DL generates or what you think his ADSL login details [i]should be?[/i]

We can see what customers are connecting with.

Dragonlance wrote:
His new IP is not Freeola...so is this the reason? or should he still be able to send and receive regardless?

Get him to connect using the smtp-auth server, should be ok then.
Mon 14/03/11 at 09:19
"Are you sure?"
Monday morning email problems!
I think I might go back to bed :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 14/03/11 at 09:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Morning Butch and Hmmm....thanks for the advice, but the outgoing settings are for the smtp-auth server.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.