GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA11"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 11'.
Thu 19/08/10 at 12:33
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
No doubt this will set records again once it is released on October 1st, it surprises me there have been no threads about this yet.

From all the hype and blurb released so far, it seems the big changes this year include an update to the passing system, making it more 'skill based', improved player personality and goalkeeping plus the option to turn on handballs.

If the handball option is done properly it could turn out to be a great addition.

Although, personally I wont be buying this straight off as Football Manager is due to be released around the same, along with the WoW expansion.

Gameplay Trailer
Personality+ Trailer
Thu 19/08/10 at 12:33
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
No doubt this will set records again once it is released on October 1st, it surprises me there have been no threads about this yet.

From all the hype and blurb released so far, it seems the big changes this year include an update to the passing system, making it more 'skill based', improved player personality and goalkeeping plus the option to turn on handballs.

If the handball option is done properly it could turn out to be a great addition.

Although, personally I wont be buying this straight off as Football Manager is due to be released around the same, along with the WoW expansion.

Gameplay Trailer
Personality+ Trailer
Thu 19/08/10 at 12:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
Looking forward to to the demo on the 16th September. Hope they've changed it enough for it to be worth getting. It's inevitably going to be Martin Tyler and Andy Gray again..... >:( "Ohhhh, what a goal! What a goal.... Take a bow, son! Take a bow!" SHUT UP GRAY!
Thu 19/08/10 at 13:33
Regular
"And in last place.."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Looking forward to to the demo on the 16th September. Hope
> they've changed it enough for it to be worth getting. It's
> inevitably going to be Martin Tyler and Andy Gray again.....
> >:( "Ohhhh, what a goal! What a goal.... Take a bow, son!
> Take a bow!" SHUT UP GRAY!

The best part about the Andy Gray commentary was when he got the facts wrong about Celtic. He was showing off his knowledge during and Old Firm game and claimed Celtic have won 10 titles in a row which was wrong.

I'll not be getting FIFA 11. FIFA 10 was the first FIFA game I've bought since Road To World Cup 98 so in keeping with that trend, I've got a pre-order in for FIFA 2022.
Thu 19/08/10 at 13:46
Regular
"How Ironic"
Even if it was DLC, they should give the option of other english commentators, seeing as they offer foreign commentators. And Jimmy Bullard should definitely be on the front of a FIFA game. The funniest footballer ever. Sick of Wayne's ugly mug. He looks about 40 already.

*EDIT* Oh, and Andy Gray is actually that aweful, it becomes funny. Remember the first review I did on here for FIFA 09 though, and I distinctly remember the commentary problems, stupid things like Tyler saying it's a corner, when it's a goal kick, or Gray talking about Everton or Rangers whilst someone's just scored an amazing goal. They still haven't been addressed.

FIFA games always have a main feature aswell, one thing they've added that they really push. This year's seems to be 'personality'. FIFA 10's was 360 movement, FIFA 09's was Adidas Live Season.
Thu 19/08/10 at 14:20
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I would take Andy Gray on commentary over Andy Townsend (on the World Cup game) any day. If they stick with Townsend for FIFA11 I definitely wont buy it, or turn commentary off completely.
Thu 19/08/10 at 16:07
Regular
"And in last place.."
I thought the commentary in FIFA 10 was decent as far as football game commentary goes. It's got a way to go before it matches TV commentary but I could at least listen to it without wanting to turn it off. It does pay not to go a team that Andy Gray has played for, even I was sick of hearing about his Rangers days.

I'd agree with the need for a front cover change. Surely Rooney has made enough from EA, give someone else the centre stage.
Sun 29/08/10 at 11:10
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The tutorial video for playing a goalkeeper as your Virtual Pro has been released, doesn't look to be as boring as first thought.

Although I can see little chance in me putting myself between the sticks...
Sun 29/08/10 at 13:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
Watched that recently, and have to say I'm extremely excited for it! Will not be having that ball trail on though, as it looks extremely easy to save with. Would prefer to judge the flight of the ball myself rather than watching a line.
Fri 10/09/10 at 07:52
Regular
"Win Free Prizes"
I'm going to buy FIFA 11, but have never played any of the other FIFA games before except the 2010 World Cup one. Is there an option for unlimited budgets or something where even a team like Wigan could take Robinho away from Manchester City? Or is it more limited, and there isn't an option like "force trades" in Madden. I'm not a cheater, just want to see if I can make a couple of sweet additions easier.
Fri 10/09/10 at 12:57
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I am liking the sound of the handball feature. I'm not sure how it would carry out though - when FIFA add a new feature, they tend to over-emphasise it - so I can imagine this first addition having 5+ handballs a half...

If it does work well, I'd love to see how it works!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.