GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silent Hill 2 Official Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 23:11
Regular
Well its only a matter of days away and thanks to SR i will be getting this great game come friday, so who's getting it?, it does look like a genuinely frightening game, and the graphics certainly push the ps2 to the next step, plus the DVD extras, it will be great, post here how your doing when you get the game so we can help each other out during the course of the game :-)

2 days to go!
Tue 19/02/02 at 09:23
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Res, yeah the sound is amazing and really chilling, especially when I've got it pumped through my sound system. It's a pity they didn't do a full Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack because that would've made it even more spectacular and creepy but I'm still impressed by the way they did it.

Pro Evo, how did you get on with the game last night? I played from 8.30 - 11.40 and made the decision to stop as I was in a area that I knew I'd be for a while and I was knackered. I decided to go out for a cigarette and the wind was howling around the house.....I've never finished a cigarette and got back indoors so bloody quick!

I hope I didn't spoil it with my descriptions from the previous post as I thought I was the last to play it out of us, I managed to get as far as the hotel and then it all went pear shaped so I wont put any spoilers here, hopefully I'll finish it tonight.....heart withstanding the suspension!
Mon 18/02/02 at 22:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well i got this for Christmas and got as far as the first building you explore, i then stopped playing as i was too damn scared.

But i feel tonight is the night that i will take my friend, Harry and take him further into the mystery.

First though i will need to do some things:

Make sure all the doors and windows in the house are locked and keep a knife next to me, just incase.

Oh, and i might even get round to finishing Resi Code V this half term too!
Mon 18/02/02 at 21:23
Regular
"Back For Good"
In my opinion Silent Hill 2 is the best game on the PS2, The overall game is just brilliant and as for the sound WOW, It uses a technique to get 3D sound out of ordinary speakers and it works. I hear there's a select part of the game which pumps out a sound at a higher frequency than you can hear which vibrates your ear drums at an irratating pace just to sway your concentration, clever or what? I heard that directly from one of people from Team Silent (just incase you don't believe me). I was actually more impressed with that horrid whale/fork scratching plate sound near the prison, man that did my head in to the danger point, grrrrrr

SH2 is friggen amazing, one day I'll get around to seeing all 5 endings :-)
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:40
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Had to search hard to find this topic, over 1000 posts since this was last used!

Ok, I started playing this on Saturday night (midnight) with my mate on his PS2 connected upto his surround sound system and well, lets just say that jumpy jumpy jumpy! I didn't sleep too well at 2.30 when I went to bed!

Anyway got stuck in the apartments but finally got through that nightmare only to arrive at the hospital, jesus wtf was going on there??!! Took me ages to find the last code to the box on the 3rd floor and yeah when the hospital goes weird I nearly did as well.....god I was glad to get out of there!

Onto the prison.....eeeek! Goatboy, I heard that voice, the one in the cell, I spent ages trying to figure out what it was saying but decided that as the chill in my spine was getting worse I'd leave it alone!

Now in the Labyrinth and have a few questions.

1. Can you kill that "thing" with the spear? Pyramid Head man I think he's called.

2. Is there any logic to the maps, I've tried overlaying the bottom (water area) to the top (normal corridors) but they don't seem to stack up.

Anyway this game rocks, even if I'm only on easy level to start with, will go back and try on a harder level.
Sat 01/12/01 at 13:16
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
This is the best Survival Horror game I've ever played! I've just got to the bit where the hospital goes all weird, after you fight 3 giant floating beds. Lovely!
Sat 01/12/01 at 12:12
Regular
By the way, go to Edit Your Details (in Red) to get a tagline (the line under people's names) You'll fit in better that way.
Sat 01/12/01 at 12:10
Regular
Welcome to our site, PenguinDisciple. It's good to see people who have just arrived posting, most of them either haven't a clue what to do, or lay low until they are a newbie. You'll be a newbie tommorow, and a regular when you've posted 10,000 words. Good luck!
Fri 30/11/01 at 23:10
There are loads of bits that make you jump. I think the worsts in the Labyrinth, after the Prison. I don't want to spoil anyones fun, but there's some seriously weird stuff going on down there...
Fri 30/11/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I jumped while playing today. If anyones been in the prison then you may know the part. Not going to go into detail as that will spoil it for people who havent got as far.

So far i've done about 6 hours in the game.
Fri 30/11/01 at 22:39
Got Silent Hill last Wednesday, and it has to be said, it is THE most disturbed thing I have ever seen. I mean, the hospital for example. No light, bar the small amount from your flashlight. A metallic drumming sound getting louder and louder. The increasing sound of static from your radio. The sound of bones snapping over and over again, and bizarre sounding groans coming from all over the place. Where the hell is it, WHERE THE HELL IS IT? And then you panic and shoot Maria by accident. Damn.
Pure bliss, just as long as you don't have a heart condition.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.