GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TS2 beats Halo? Jesus christ, you must be insane!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 19:54
Regular
Some morons in the GC room think TS2 is better than Halo - I don'r know where to start! They have obviously never played it in there lives...come and help me defend our master peice - GC Room - MARIO KART SCREEN SHOTS sub room (The topic changed half way as the title suggests)
Thu 24/04/03 at 20:55
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I own both of the games and I like both of the games. Halo is better for the 1 player and co-operative modes, whilst TS2 is better for the multiplayer deathmatches in my opinion. Both games rule! :)
Thu 24/04/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I own Halo and owned TS2. Traded it in for something else becuause I just didn't like it too much.

Halo wins for me every time. People say multiplayer TS2 beats multiplayer Halo, but these people havn't played system link Halo have they?
Thu 24/04/03 at 17:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
I prefer TS2 to Halo.

Thats my personal opinion. I know a lot of people who do.

Very different FPS'.
Thu 24/04/03 at 17:00
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> you can't compare 2 games which are in a different league all
> together.

I suppose. Timesplitters 2 would be in the premiership, whereas Halo would be in division one..
Thu 24/04/03 at 15:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
no i'm not part of a clan...i used to be AGGGEEESSS AGO...but then i've sorta stopped playing it now. when i was in boarding school i used to play on the school network a lot. now i'm in uni and have stopped altogether...but you never forget how to play the game :D

oh yeah another point....sound is all important....if you think someone is around the corner and don't want to be heard then move whilst crouching so you don't make any noise.

also when opening doors....move sideways into the door...cos if you do it moving forward your gun clips through the door and so the enemy knows you're coming through
Thu 24/04/03 at 11:41
Regular
Cheers Beanz! I thought I was getting good when it was 6 vs 6 on the Office Map and I came second with 22 kills in 30 minutes. However I was wrong and the CT's that we played were VERY in-experienced to say the least. When I am on the CT side I use the M4A1 and on the Terrorists side I use the AKl. It just seems that everywhere you go or every corner you turn is met by someone with 100% accuracy and I die FAR too much. When I tell the team to stick together I usually get stupid replies like "I am a lone soldier and a free spirit". The only time when we did stay as a groupr we actually beat the Terrorists hansomly but as I say thats only happened once. Whats this I hear about CS leagues and clans?! Are you part of a clan?
Thu 24/04/03 at 11:09
Regular
Time Spilters 2, good game. story mode ok-ish can play either 1,2 co-op, controls you get used to after a while, theres loads of arcade stuff to do whcih makes the game loads of fun, both one player and two, 8/10

Halo, good game too. story mode starts off bit bob, but it draws u in, like the AI with ur team. Controls are top notch, just pickup and play, mutliplayer and other things todo are limited, however like the way you can use guns and the car with the gun on the back, think its quite clever that one of your men will jump on and use the gun. and just pips TS2. 8.5/10
Thu 24/04/03 at 10:54
Regular
"accidental superher"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> *Pits on angry eyes after Counter Strike battle*
>
> Half Life is a great game but as you say by todays standards it does
> look very old in areas. Have you played Counter Strike? Its has got to
> be the hardest game I have ever played! Every player is a PRO and I
> just get beaten every time. Any tips?

i wouldn't say i'm a pro...but i think i'm pretty good...
a few tips:
1) experiment with different guns to see which suits you best.
2) stick together with other team mates -learn from them and also have cover...
3) don't run around quake style...take things cautiously especially if you're on your own against multiple enemies
4) know the map -where to hide if your team is in trouble....where the potential spots for rushing are....favourite spots for snipers.
5) it's ALRIGHT to camp -i can see how it is irritating if people just CONSTANTLY camp...but sometimes you have to if you want to live...camping is where you find a hiding spot and wait there until an enemy runs past and then shoot him.
6) when shooting....fire in BURSTS...don't just hold the fire button down...unless of course the person you're trying to kill is right in front of you. the counter terrorists have this rifle where you can put a silencer on (i can't remember the name) -that gun with the silencer on is pretty damn accurate but that really HAS to be fired in bursts if you're to hit anything far away.
7) reload often when you're not in a firefight....hate it when i run out of ammo!
8) swap guns if necessary (with the people who have died) -different situations require different guns (naturally).

well those are the things off the top of my head...
Thu 24/04/03 at 01:19
Regular
What PHi1lip said.

Then again the single player multiplayer is rather decent in TS2.

I don't actually like Halo... there's only one single player FPS i like and that's Perfect Dark/Goldeneye... although I do enjoy the odd Die Hard: Vendetta romp.
Wed 23/04/03 at 23:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Halo has better single player and co-op modes.

Multiplayer though, Timesplitters 2 is excellent! We had hours of fun playing it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.