GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box....Are you getting one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 18:23
Regular
Is there anyone out there going to spend £300+ On the X-Box and it's game's on launch?
Is there anyone excited about it?
It seems that the build up for release is heating up.
Thu 15/11/01 at 02:10
Xbox is great but not spectacular, the US price is spot on and in every sense a bargain.

However Microsoft has just started a UK website for the Xbox and it appears theyre trying to do one over on the UK gamer. Dont get me wrong its a good machine but asking UK gamers to wait an extra 4 months longer for a console, then pay more for it and its games than the Americans do sucks. Its true every other company does or has done this but do Microsoft really need the extra cash.

The Xbox is a great machine, and Halo is great but it can be done on the Playstation 2 and no doubt will be! At the moment the PS2 is cheaper in the UK than the US so Ild have to buy a PS2 over an Xbox on principle if I was in the UK.

At the moment though Im visiting the US and enjoying the launch excitement, the Xbox and GameCube are nice but my budget only permits me to buy a Dreamcast (sad but true!). My advice is to get a PS2, after all its a great machine that is capable of producing great games. Also theoretically it should get the best third party games from both the Xbox and GameCube eventually as its the market leader.

Oh and then theres MetalGearSolid2 ;-)
Thu 15/11/01 at 01:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've always been into games big time, nowadays having money coming in i tend to buy any console i like the look of, I'm not one of those people thats loyal to 1 company. Theres no "what do i get - ps2 or gamecube ??", if i like both then i'll buy both. I'm definatly getting a Gamecube. But as for X-Box, it looks ok, but i think i'm gonna sit back and see how it does before I go out and buy one.

The games look nice enough, but you have to have things like the Jaguar and the 3DO in the back of your head to remind you why you don't just rush out and buy any old tat ;-))
Wed 14/11/01 at 21:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
The Xbox has lovely graphics but the games aren't too spectacular.
Wed 14/11/01 at 21:17
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Ive been reading about the Gamecube in NOM and that looks like it is going to be a good console. X-Box looks good as well from the pictures Ive seen of it. I dont like the looks of the PS2 though. I will see which console sells best when they all come out and probably get that one!
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:27
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Xbox - created by Microsoft

Feedback: When was the last time you saw anything cheap by Microsoft. Yep, a very long time!

Now Xbox! fair enough Playstation2 came at £300, but we already knew of Playstation's capabilities so some were willing to invest. However, in this case Xbox is a debut to games so how can we trust them to deliver what we want! Exactly, we can't! This is mainly the reason why most of us despise Microsoft. Their products are too expensive!

My advice to them is to follow Nintendo's footsteps and reduce their price to £199 'cos basically we're all sick of seeing these damn ridiculous prices!
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Just to warn you about the X-Box... Be pepared for alot of expensive updates, they always do it. On everything! Theres gonna be stuff like, X-Box 0.5, X-Box Ultimate Expansion, X-Box 2003, X-box XP!!!!
They do it on games, consoles, software... And sooner or later it just gets annoying and you feel conned...

I@m not wasting my money on a X-Box... PS2, G-Cube will do fine for me. Anyway, with a DC, GBD, G-Cube, PS2, PC, GBC, MegaDrive , amiga and the adding the meaty X-Box I wont have enough room in my room!
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:03
"period drama"
when they've sorted out all off it's bugs and errors and had to upgrade it a couple of times then i may think about it.

Oh, wait. actually i won't, not at all.

BOOO! MICROSOFT ARE RUBBISH!
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:53
I will get one, but not at launch.

Perhaps this time next year, or whenever the first price drop occurs anyway.

My PS2 and DC are doing me nicely in the meantime...
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:48
Regular
Oddworld thingy isn't that good anyway, apparently. All mouth and no trousers, just like the rest of the series.

You Sony owners miss nothing.
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I WAS going to get one until someone gave me a PS2, so now my Dreamcast is gathering dust and I feel no need to spend £299 on an XBox next March.

I feel that spending £299 on around 7-10 PS2 games in the meantime will more than make up for the dissappointment though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.