GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box....Are you getting one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/11/01 at 18:23
Regular
Is there anyone out there going to spend £300+ On the X-Box and it's game's on launch?
Is there anyone excited about it?
It seems that the build up for release is heating up.
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:23
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Is there anyone out there going to spend £300+ On the X-Box and it's game's on launch?
Is there anyone excited about it?
It seems that the build up for release is heating up.
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:32
Regular
"look in the mirror"
I will be getting an XBOX but only for Halo. I may not get one at launch 'cos there are not many english based games. Who wants two Nascar titles anyway?????
RESPECT EUROPE and PAL!!!!
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Whatever!"
I will probably get one eventually - Just not yet!!
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I WAS going to get one until someone gave me a PS2, so now my Dreamcast is gathering dust and I feel no need to spend £299 on an XBox next March.

I feel that spending £299 on around 7-10 PS2 games in the meantime will more than make up for the dissappointment though.
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:48
Regular
Oddworld thingy isn't that good anyway, apparently. All mouth and no trousers, just like the rest of the series.

You Sony owners miss nothing.
Wed 14/11/01 at 18:53
I will get one, but not at launch.

Perhaps this time next year, or whenever the first price drop occurs anyway.

My PS2 and DC are doing me nicely in the meantime...
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:03
"period drama"
when they've sorted out all off it's bugs and errors and had to upgrade it a couple of times then i may think about it.

Oh, wait. actually i won't, not at all.

BOOO! MICROSOFT ARE RUBBISH!
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Just to warn you about the X-Box... Be pepared for alot of expensive updates, they always do it. On everything! Theres gonna be stuff like, X-Box 0.5, X-Box Ultimate Expansion, X-Box 2003, X-box XP!!!!
They do it on games, consoles, software... And sooner or later it just gets annoying and you feel conned...

I@m not wasting my money on a X-Box... PS2, G-Cube will do fine for me. Anyway, with a DC, GBD, G-Cube, PS2, PC, GBC, MegaDrive , amiga and the adding the meaty X-Box I wont have enough room in my room!
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:27
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Xbox - created by Microsoft

Feedback: When was the last time you saw anything cheap by Microsoft. Yep, a very long time!

Now Xbox! fair enough Playstation2 came at £300, but we already knew of Playstation's capabilities so some were willing to invest. However, in this case Xbox is a debut to games so how can we trust them to deliver what we want! Exactly, we can't! This is mainly the reason why most of us despise Microsoft. Their products are too expensive!

My advice to them is to follow Nintendo's footsteps and reduce their price to £199 'cos basically we're all sick of seeing these damn ridiculous prices!
Wed 14/11/01 at 21:17
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Ive been reading about the Gamecube in NOM and that looks like it is going to be a good console. X-Box looks good as well from the pictures Ive seen of it. I dont like the looks of the PS2 though. I will see which console sells best when they all come out and probably get that one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.