GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hardest N64 game?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/01 at 21:58
Regular
(see title for question)
Wed 21/11/01 at 20:45
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
man everyone is stuck on that the arcade dk thing is rock hard!
Tue 20/11/01 at 20:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Nintendo coin... Go to the DK arcade machine (somewhere in the toy factory level) with Donkey Kong, then pull the lever by it. Win DK arcade (on level 1) and I think you get the coin. (It appears in the arcade maybe... I know the Rare coin appears in Jetpac, but not sure if the Ninty coin appears in DK arcade or if you automatically get it after winning...)

Anyway try that stuff and you'll get it!
Tue 20/11/01 at 15:54
i agree DK64 is extreemly hard! Can anyone tell me how to get the Nintendo coin!
Mon 19/11/01 at 22:00
The Hardest Nintendo 64 game is Donkey Kong 64. It's deadly to get 100%. You have to get all banana faries, Blueprints, Golden bananas, banana medals, characters, weapons, ammo, coins, normal bananas health and you know the rest. It's probably one of the biggest N64 games aswell but you get a free expansion pack with it so its not that bad.
Thu 15/11/01 at 22:42
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
DK64 just got to get the hardest bannanas now.
Body Harvest: if you missed something it would take ages to work out what it was you needed to get 10 minutes ago and a further 5 minutes to find the place by which time an alien attack would have wiped out all of the humans in the town.
Diddy kong racing took me ages to complete.
Still not got all the golden skultulas on zelda.

But the hardest game I have played is Perfect dark. Even the cheats are extra hard to get. But the multiplayer makes up for that unless someone chooses darksims and then it becomes ultra difficult.
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Body Harvest came up in the crappest N64 game forum. I tried to defend it! It is a damn hard game tho. I can't beat the russia level!
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:00
Regular
Can't believe body harvest hasn't come up here yet!
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I would also like to see more 3D platformers like Conkers BFD cos it is much better like that, not having levels all segregated with paintings (I still love Mario, and that, I think needs levels, but maybe not so segregated.) Anyway the only problem with conkers BFD was that although bits were very hard, the game itself seemed too small. I mean Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie must have had bigger playing areas, but they weren't as hard in places, except some of Mario 64s last levels (the clock one was pretty rock!)

This is why GC will be the best. All other platformers have been Mario 64 wannabes, (except maybe Sonic Adventure) but Rare took an entirely new take on platforming with conker.In many ways too. It was rude, funny, had movie rip offs (which were often the source of much amusement) and Death (the person) was in it, and he was friggin hilarious! All this as well as the very different style of platforming made it a totally refreshing experience!
Thu 15/11/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> Sibs wrote:
> Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are definite competitors. I got 007
> mode on
> Goldeneye, but never got ALL the cheats.

Wow....I must better
> than u on Goldeneye yay...I Got all the cheats....What Cheats couldn't u get?

I got invincibility (usually thought of as the hardest) but couldn't get some of the weapon cheats. In the end I couldn't be bothered cos I had all guns cheat anyway. I think it was the cheat on the caverns level and one other weapon cheat. I can't check now, cos I was trying to do a bit on a mates import copy of Goldeneye, and foolishly used my Goldeneye as the key cart (you need to plug a PAL cart into the convertor as well as the import game you wanna play, but they don't have to be the same game or anything). Anyway, the point is my cart wiped! After that I won it all over again, and got most of the cheats, but couldn't be bothered with the hard weapon cheats once I had all guns.

PS how far are you in challenges in PD?

Maybe 1 day I'll type up my combat simulator stats (when I can be arsed). I hope you know these chat forums are distracting my from my GCSE coursework!
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:58
Regular
The point about DK64 was it was just boring going back and geting all them extra bananas. This is why Conkers Bad fur day was sooo refreshing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.