GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hardest N64 game?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/01 at 21:58
Regular
(see title for question)
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are definite competitors. I got 007 mode on Goldeneye, but never got ALL the cheats. On PD I got Perfect Agent mode, but still haven't won it all on co-op (can't be arsed at the moment...), but I have ALL the cheats, BUT I can't complete the last 4-5 challenges in combat simulator!

CBFD wasn't that hard, but certain sections took a lot of tries. It was really a case of knowing what to do, and in the shooting stages later, just A LOT of practice. Damn good game tho.

JFG is one the games that I'd take to a desert Island with me. The flying squadrons remind you of space invaders, and the HUGE bosses are reminiscent of the bosses in action adventures on 16bit consoles, like Gunstar Heroes, or Rocket Knight Adventures! (gotta love em). Finding all the tribals to complete the game is totally killer, and then you have to fight through the final caverns to reach Mizar, who will take you far too long to complete! I have only ever beaten him once and I have had the game almost since its release!
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:08
Regular
"Whatever!"
I thought Turok 2 was pretty hard!!
Wed 14/11/01 at 19:24
Regular
slik wrote:
> has n e 1 totally completed JFG? I bought it about a year ago and I still can't
> be assed tp complete it all! I got as far as defeating Mizzar 1st time around,
> getting all the keys, and opening up a few worlds after that! it's just such a
> big game! and one that i think is virtually impossible to complete!
slik ~_~

Yep took me about a month to do, but I eventually did it, takes far too long but it's mainly damn good fun. The last Mizar boss extracts the urine though, it's far too hard.
Wed 14/11/01 at 20:27
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
damn straight, turok 2 woz pretty hard
Wed 14/11/01 at 21:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
JFG isn't too hard. It's one of the hardest games I've ever played, but a game cannot be too hard. As long as the AI doesn't cheat, and you still have a chance then it's impossible for a game to be too hard! It just means completing it feels even more rewarding, and it lasts a heck of a lot longer too.
I love hard games.
Wed 14/11/01 at 22:11
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Hardest N64 game?

There all made from plastic though?

Damn i'm so funny.

Realistically though......

Either Jet Force Gemeni or Turok 2.

In Turok 2 it was far too easy to get lost see, oh and the Fog didn't make it easier, still I don't think it was as bad as what some people make it out to be.
Wed 14/11/01 at 22:11
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Challenge 30 on Perfect Dark was / is hard as nails!

It's still the only one I haven't managed to do yet!

:)
Thu 15/11/01 at 11:33
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I haven't got these games, but i'm sure they are the hardest:
Carmaggedon & Superman
I'm sure nobody has ever completed them!
If they have they need some help.
Thu 15/11/01 at 13:00
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Sibs wrote:
> Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are definite competitors. I got 007 mode on
> Goldeneye, but never got ALL the cheats.

Wow....I must better than u on Goldeneye yay...I Got all the cheats....What Cheats couldn't u get?
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:02
Regular
Getting all the banana's on DK64 was quite easy (I finished with all 201 bananas - 101%) but it was time consuming and meant having to finish that damn stupid "herd the beavers into the hole" mini game 3 times.

Goldeneye and Jet Force Gemini were quite hard, but I finished them completely and compared to Perfect Dark, they're a breeze!

And yet, when it's released on the Gamecube, I'd like to see it even harder.

I know that some of you found it hard enough, but the way I see it is that you don't HAVE to finish it on the hardest difficulty setting, not at the expense of challenge seekers anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.