GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats better, GAMECUBE or PLAYSTATION 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
Okay, so nintendo have got serious competition when it comes to games consoles.
I personally think that the gamecube is better.
But I want to know if you prefer GAMECUBE or PLAYSTATION 2.
Tell me:
1)What console you prefer
2)Why you prefer it
3)What games you would like to see released on the console.

I prefer the gamecube because it produces 405 MHZ, 6 million-12 million polygons / second, the discs are 8cm diameter and you can play with other people around the world.
Fri 09/11/01 at 16:17
Regular
"Digging!"
the gamecube

now leave it

we have herd it all before
Thu 08/11/01 at 20:50
I would say the ps2 in some ways and game cube in other ways the ps2 games are cheaper than the game cube games but the game cube has good games.Iwould by a ps2 becuse its got all the good games like grand theft aouto 3 and wwf just bring
Mon 05/11/01 at 23:20
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Nice one, Sibs, mate. I know exactly what you mean.

As I have said before, I'm a PS2 owning Ninty. I adore both consoles. However, if one were to be insulted, or wrongly accused (Nintendo are for kids) then I will argue and argue because I want to defend it.

It might seem as if I am insulting the PS2 a lot, that's because I rarely have to defend it. Turbonutter does a good bodyguard job for the PS2, protecting and defendin' his dream-machine wherever he is needed.

I agree with you, Sibs - it's all down to peolpes' own opinions and tastes, really. This is why I like and respect Turbonutter's tagline: "I like Sony. So sue me".

:-D

SHOCKY
Mon 05/11/01 at 23:02
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
hey shocky nothing there was aimed at you, I was just saying no-one can say which console is best it's an individual preferance.

As long as you're well informed and make an educated decision I respect that decision. I just don't like the people who say stuff like Nintendo only make games for kids (as opposed to making games suitable for all audiences, NOT aimed at kids) and say dumb stuff like that. What can I say, I like Nintendo

:-)
Mon 05/11/01 at 22:56
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Sibs wrote:
> I don't have a PS2. I want a GameCube.

It's up to an individual to decide
> what console is best for THEM!

Uh-huh, exactly what I was getting at *Shifty eyes*.

I like both of the consoles, thanks. Which is why I will have both in the near-ish future.

SHOCKY
Mon 05/11/01 at 22:54
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I don't have a PS2. I want a GameCube.

It's up to an individual to decide what console is best for THEM!
Mon 05/11/01 at 22:43
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I have a PS2. I want a GameCube and I will be getting one.

They are as good as each other.

Nuff said.
Mon 05/11/01 at 22:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Pinkfish, Nintendo were actually the first console manufacturers (I think anyway) that had connection to an internet. The NES (only in Japan) had access to the Nintendo web or something like that if you got a modem!
Mon 05/11/01 at 20:18
Regular
Pinkfish,
the gamecube did originally think of the idea about playing online with other people. Unless they've changed their plans? But who cares if it is the end of 2003? This feature on the gamecube will be well worth the wait though!
Sun 04/11/01 at 18:22
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Grix, the GC is better, but not cos your getting one. (unless you let me play nip to your house and play it!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.