GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buying Stuff from Ebay."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 20:18
Regular
I'm one of the very few who have never bought anything from Ebay, and I don't have a clue how the thing works. So I would like to know if anyone here has bought anything from there, and how payments are made.

I'm looking for Toy Story 2 for either the Dreamcast or Playstation (there is one on ebay just now, but I can't buy stuff till the weekend), and Toy Story for the MegaDrive. If anyone has these and wants to sell them then we can maybe talk, but I would like some advice about Ebay.

Thanks in advance.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:49
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I mainly have a lot of text because what I've included has changed as I've encountered problems over the years.

I find it safer to include plenty of info/conditions because that way if there is any problems with anything, the auction listing covers it all - it's not my fault if a buyer can't be bothered to read it.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:45
Regular
I go for a simple layout, with a nice font and little text, I find it easier when descriptions get to the point, although with some it is better to include a lot of information.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:02
Regular
I think the presentation of an auction usually attracts the bidders.

I like your layout Bell - Alot of text - But broken into chunks etc
Sat 06/09/03 at 10:14
Regular
Looking good DW, just shows what can happen if you get 2 or 3 people fixed on an item, didn't think it'd get that high but it goes to show that just about anything is possible with the right bidders !
Sat 06/09/03 at 01:59
Regular
Bell mate...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? (SP) ViewItem&item=3345804208&category=22640&rd=1

My first ever auction.

Time left: 19 hours 22 mins
Current bid: £30.00 (Reserve met)
History: 14 bids (£0.99 starting bid)

:c)
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:01
Regular
If it don't come tomorow - I'll get into contact with him.

He seems a nice bloke anyway - Good comms during payment.
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:24
Regular
HOw much postage did you pay ? He may have sent it by standard parcels or been delayed in posting it. If in doubt just email him and ask, don't be stroppy about it but just something like ;

"Hi, wondered if you had sent the item out yet ? Thanks"
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:17
Regular
I bought the lead for £1.99 anyway - Only a little loss.

The great thing about eBay is getting items cheaper then what you would pay in the shops. Like the CD-Rewriter that I brought.

PHILIPS CDRW 3210 40 x 32 x 10

£29.

I just hope the buyer has sent the item....
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:53
Regular
I think you'll get quite a bit more for the console, the only thing I think you will have a problem getting gains on is the RF cable, but I'm probably wrong.

Still annoyed that this US seller is charging stupid postage, but at least my Halo figures are now winging their way across the Atlantic :D

Really looking forward to seeing them, suppose that's one of the great things about eBay, you can get stuff which otherwise would be impossible to get.

Also bought some Jpop CDs last weeked and I'm listening to one of them now, can't understand a word of it but it still sounds great !
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:45
Regular
Official Nintendo £0.99
Resident Evil £1.76
Star wars rogue leader £0.99
Super Mario Sunshine £7.50
Super Monkey Ball 2 £16.00
Nintendo Gamecube £43.00

VERY happy with the console auction - Just waiting for the other few to pop up a little.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.