GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sick and tired of hearing about..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Sat 13/09/03 at 20:32
Regular
"Remember me?"
... bloody Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

I have spoken.
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
The only one I've actually seen is Phantom Menace... and in all honesty it's put me right off seeing any other Star Wars films; despite the frequent, "Oh, Episode 1 is crap compared to the ones before it, blah blah blah!" etc.
Wed 17/09/03 at 16:42
Regular
Return of the Jedi is my fave SW flick.
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:36
Regular
"8==="
Tilt isn't trying to be Whitestripes he's been slagging off my games for ages. :D
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:32
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> 1: The new Star Wars movies aren't better than the first lot but they
> are not supposed to be... they are FAR FAR FAR better than most
> hollywood crap around lately.

and yet they are still crap.
>
> 2: Phantom was a little kiddish yes but it was still better than most
> hollywood crap and had an amazing music score.

Ok, so a kiddish film with a great music score? No thanks.
>
> 3: Clones is a storming storming film... a little cringeworthy in
> parts but for pure action and Star Wars tomfoolery... a great film.

See you even admit the cringeworthy bits are there and you're trying to defend it.
>
> 4: Episode 3 takes place at the end of the clone wars and to be
> honest it'll easy show the birth of luke and leila (with wookiee
> being on call), the regrettable decision to the dark side (said to be
> tragic) for anakin and the fight between obi wan and anakin. How the
> rest works is just obvious. Can't wait.

WOOT (/sarcasm) never saw ANY of that coming.

Best thing that ever came out of Star Wars was Spaceballs.
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:17
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Lucas wasted soooo much time with Episode 1 & 2, he's going to
> have to make a 5hr movie that doesn't suck to make up for Phantom
> & Clones.
>
> I was heartbroken to see Star Wars reduced to the level of watching
> someone else play Dark Forces and having an irritating 3yr old making
> up a story on the spot.
>
> 3rd film has to cover the rise of The Empire, birth of Leia &
> Luke, the fall of the Jedi, the birth of the Rebellion, Palaptine's
> rise to becoming The Emporer, Anakin's turning into Vader, the
> stand-off between Obi-Wan & Anakin and in between they have to
> fit in The Clone Wars.
>
> It's going to suck, and suck hard.
> And that's a crying shame, because New Hope/Empire/Jedi are my
> favourite 3 films ever.

1: The new Star Wars movies aren't better than the first lot but they are not supposed to be... they are FAR FAR FAR better than most hollywood crap around lately.

2: Phantom was a little kiddish yes but it was still better than most hollywood crap and had an amazing music score.

3: Clones is a storming storming film... a little cringeworthy in parts but for pure action and Star Wars tomfoolery... a great film.

4: Episode 3 takes place at the end of the clone wars and to be honest it'll easy show the birth of luke and leila (with wookiee being on call), the regrettable decision to the dark side (said to be tragic) for anakin and the fight between obi wan and anakin. How the rest works is just obvious. Can't wait.
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:13
Regular
i am still confident ep 3 will kick ass
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:12
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Trying to be Whitestripes?

No you are trying to be Whitestripes... i wondered where this new attitude has come from and he's hit the nail on the afformentioned head.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:55
Regular
Still waiting for a DVD box set of those 3. Someone said November of this year but I haven't read anything else about it.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Lucas wasted soooo much time with Episode 1 & 2, he's going to have to make a 5hr movie that doesn't suck to make up for Phantom & Clones.

I was heartbroken to see Star Wars reduced to the level of watching someone else play Dark Forces and having an irritating 3yr old making up a story on the spot.

3rd film has to cover the rise of The Empire, birth of Leia & Luke, the fall of the Jedi, the birth of the Rebellion, Palaptine's rise to becoming The Emporer, Anakin's turning into Vader, the stand-off between Obi-Wan & Anakin and in between they have to fit in The Clone Wars.

It's going to suck, and suck hard.
And that's a crying shame, because New Hope/Empire/Jedi are my favourite 3 films ever.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:52
Regular
Episode 1 was quite poor on the whole. But It was loaded onto an awesome DVD so I picked up the box set.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.