GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sick and tired of hearing about..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Sat 13/09/03 at 20:32
Regular
"Remember me?"
... bloody Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

I have spoken.
Thu 18/09/03 at 12:35
Regular
Edgy wrote:

> Sure - you get a screen to yourself and a microphone to keep chatting
> away, but it just ain't the same having a few ciders and gaming
> against voices.

Yeah of course(well maybe not the cider thing), but it's the next best thing.

All of my friends have apparently out grown computer games, so we very rarely play them.
Thu 18/09/03 at 11:49
Regular
I personally would rather my mates around on one console than playing Live.

Sure - you get a screen to yourself and a microphone to keep chatting away, but it just ain't the same having a few ciders and gaming against voices.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Live. I played that Mech Assault demo and some American on there was saying, within 10 seconds of starting the game, "I am so kicking your ass". When I was winning 4-0 he started with the gay jokes, so I just put on a fake American accent and said the same thing back, and he continued to state he was "kicking my ass". When I looked at the final score, he finished on -1 :D
Thu 18/09/03 at 11:16
Regular
"8==="
My Xbox has my multi-format purchases sown up due to the harddisk.

My GC gets the cheap leftovers, improved versions of games and the console exclusives.

Recent releases I'm looking forwared to on the GC are Mario Kart, F-Zero and Custom Robo.

That's about it.

Between now and christmas I should have about 15 new Xbox games.

Miffed at Nintendo? Not really. But a harddisk would have helped.
Thu 18/09/03 at 11:04
Regular
I'd hardly call it good games at regular intervals, there hasn't been anything of any real worth released on the Gamecube since Zelda and that was way back in May. I don't see this changing over the next few months either, why the hell can't Nintendo give us Mario Golf while we're waiting for the big Xmas releases?

Instead we have to wait till next next year, because apparently there's too many top titles around to fit it in. Where are all these top titles then?

The stance Nintendo are taking on importing has also lead me into hating the company, what kind of dribbling retards work at Cube-europe? if they seriously want a large proportion of their loyal fans to give up on the company, then they're going the right way.

Another thing that makes me question the worth of my Gamecube is lack of online abilities. You can say "online gaming is rubbish" till the cows come home, but the fact is that's the exact stance I took until I got on Xbox Live. It really is the nutts, and dare I say it, better than anything that Cube has to offer....yes even better than Zelda and Metroid Prime. Infact I haven't played an offline game for months now, they don't intrest me.

I know a lot of people say "I'd rather have my mates round, and play multiplayer games with people I know". But the fact is, that's basically what Xbox Live is. It annoyed me at first, I was about to give it up but if you have the patience you'll find Xbox Live is absoloute gaming gold. It's absoloutly nothing like PC online gaming in the slightest. You just need to find some people online who you get on with, and voila, you're away.

Gamecube for me is loosing it's appeal. As good as some of the games coming out will be, I just don't see any of them dragging me away from Xbox Live for long. Stupid as it sounds, about 6 months ago I would have laughed at you if you'd have said this about Xbox Live, but it really does rock.
Thu 18/09/03 at 09:50
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> About 6 months ago I was all for Nintendo. I wanted them too suceed
> and I made sure that I stayed loyal to them, nowadays I really
> couldn't give a toss. If they went under tomorrow and started
> producing multi format party software then I really wouldn't be
> bothered in the slightest. It'd just mean that I wouldn't need to own
> 2 consoles.

But why are you bothered? You get class games at regular intervals... just because they don't put money into advertisement and make bizzarre decisions does not mean that you should "hate the company". I mean I play games for the games... I naturally wanna make sure Nintendo are alright but I'm not too bothered if they're not doing very well. As long as I get these class games such as the ones at Christmas. Like the X-box, Jet Set Radio: Future, Dead or Alive 3 and Grabbed by the Gholies are literally making me get an X-box when there is one in the house already...

I'm hardly going to start dissing posts that X-box keep buying all top japanese support to improve japanese sales although it doesn't work and spoiling it for the rest of us... or that Sony are awful at designing a console...

> Everything okay in your real life?
>
> I have herpees and my left nipple just dropped off.

Ah I have that problem.
Wed 17/09/03 at 23:15
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> But i've noticed an ever growing... pessemistic chip appearing on
> your shoulder.

I can see why you might think that. I've grown more annoyed with Nintendo ever since I got Xbox Live, it makes me realise how much of a crap company they are.

About 6 months ago I was all for Nintendo. I wanted them too suceed and I made sure that I stayed loyal to them, nowadays I really couldn't give a toss. If they went under tomorrow and started producing multi format party software then I really wouldn't be bothered in the slightest. It'd just mean that I wouldn't need to own 2 consoles.

> Everything okay in your real life?

I have herpees and my left nipple just dropped off.
Wed 17/09/03 at 22:33
Regular
"Remember me?"
*praises himself*
Wed 17/09/03 at 21:36
Regular
Frucking stupid game.

Amazon.com - in stock. Won't dispatch till September the 25th. Why? Cancelled

SR - Out of stock. Back ordered. Cancelled order

GAME - Thank god. *praises GAME*
Wed 17/09/03 at 21:07
Regular
"Remember me?"
What a 'tard! :D
Wed 17/09/03 at 21:07
Regular
*bows head in shame*

I'm a spaz.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.