GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No mention of Halo 2's completion then?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:34
Regular
This story was done on SR atleast 3 days ago.

Yet no mention...

Perhaps SR misheard something, or someone's having a joke with them...

If not...

Are Microsoft holding Halo back PURELY to catch the end of the first year of subscriptions?
I mean, was the initial userbase of LIVE THAT much???

They'd be better off selling more Xbox's by getting the game out quickly (BEFORE Christmas over here) and getting more subscriptions THAT way!

The nonsecal monkeys!
Sun 14/09/03 at 23:48
Regular
"Selected"
Cyclone wrote:
> Jedi Knight did that a looong time ago.

I'm sure it did, im just saying that i bet it didn't have as much as a difference on the game as Fable seems to claim, plus Jedi Knight isn't an RPG.

I'm just the messenger here by the way, im not saying Fable is going to be a huge game, the thing about it being a game with new concepts was just a throw away comment that someone picked up on. I'll be rubbishing it with even one else if it fails to deliever.....
Sun 14/09/03 at 23:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
mikelar wrote:

>
> - Forge a Hero Based on Your Actions - Age and evolve a hero or
> villain through the actions you choose and the path you follow (only
> KOTOR has played on the feature of a good/bad side in depth, unlike
> say, Baldurs Gate, and thats only just been released)

Jedi Knight did that a looong time ago.
>

And the screenshots *I've* seen looked fogged to hell.

But it is highly ambitious and should be great.
Sun 14/09/03 at 23:11
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> So your saying you want Halo 2 out quickly and rushed in time for
> christmas?
>
> Give them time to add a bit of polish to the title.

They say it's finished in it's final form.
Holding it back PURELY for Live RENEWALS won't do anything.
Er-no, if Xbox live hasn't been that big, that'll be down to people not actually getting in the first place, rather than people not renewing (it's not been over a year yet).

Lastly, to the guy who mentioned Half Life 2.
I don't think MS are worried about their Xbox titles clashing with PC games.

Personally, I don't think that Microsoft are this stupid.
It's clearly not finished yet. There's probably a beta version on their desks, and it's being tested and polished like Gamezfreak says...
Sun 14/09/03 at 18:26
Regular
"\\"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Give them time to add a bit of polish to the title.

"Hmmm... Maybe if we changed "HALO 2" to "HALO 2" we would get more sales" :P
Sun 14/09/03 at 17:51
Regular
So your saying you want Halo 2 out quickly and rushed in time for christmas?

Give them time to add a bit of polish to the title.
Sun 14/09/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Selected"
Maverick42 wrote:
> mikelar wrote:
> true, Fable also looks promising on the new concept front.
>
> What, exactly, is new about Fable's concept? Looks like just another
> RPG to me.

Apart from the fact that, graphically, no RPG has ever looked this good? Well:

- Forge a Hero Based on Your Actions - Age and evolve a hero or villain through the actions you choose and the path you follow (only KOTOR has played on the feature of a good/bad side in depth, unlike say, Baldurs Gate, and thats only just been released)

- Engage in Intense Real Time Combat - Collect battle scars as you duel with a world of cunning foes and deadly creatures (I've never seen the lead character physically change through his environment, you could get tattoos in Planescape Tourment but you couldn't see them on your character)

- Build Your Living Legend - Through deeds and actions, build a name for yourself across the land (Morrowind is the only game that games to mind and even then, is was only a case of doing something good/bad for someone and the game updates itself so that some NPCs know your name - i trust Peter Molyneux to fully implement this feature)

- Explore and Shape a Living, Evolving World - Champion or manipulate an ever-changing land with competitive and cooperative heroes, dynamic weather systems and deformable environments (Ive never seen and "evolving and ever-changing land" in an RPG. Morrowind claimed to have a dynamic weather system but it was shoddy to say the least, again, i trust Peter Molyneux to invent a decent weather system)

Taken from xbox.com.

I've never seen any of these things in an RPG.
Sun 14/09/03 at 14:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I swear Deus Ex 2 is out nnext year.

On PC anyway......and I imagine that would be the main release over XBox.
Sun 14/09/03 at 13:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
XboxLive hasn't been anywhere near as big as Microsoft hoped. Especially for the setup fee it cos Microsoft. As much as they say 'we are happy with the amount of users signing up'.. they clearly aren't. If they hold back Halo 2 it'll be for this reason.
Sun 14/09/03 at 13:32
Regular
mikelar wrote:
> true, Fable also looks promising on the new concept front.

What, exactly, is new about Fable's concept? Looks like just another RPG to me.
Sun 14/09/03 at 00:54
Yer, it's completed, just waiting for more people to subscribe to xbox live befor they bring it out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.