GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You got to have respect..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
You got to have respect for a company which will not bow to 'style over content' tactics. Which relies on quality games over 'cookie cutter' crap and is so damn pig-headed that it's way is the right way that it actually deserves some kind of strange respect.

I just felt like saying that.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:56
Regular
"8==="
My collection also proves this:

33 Xbox games to 17 GC games and 3 GBA games

Although I have yet to get Zelda or Metroid Prime. I always go for the multiplayer games and wait for the single player only games to get cheaper.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I agree that the GC has one of the strongest ratio of good games vs poor games out there. But it's not enough.

I've got over 35 games for my GC now but I haven't played it in a while. I'm still enraptured with Kotor on the Xbox.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:40
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> This works against the Playstation, less so against the more 'quality
> controlled' Xbox.

All I'm trying to say is that the Gamecube will always have the best software line-up of the 3, regardless of the fact that both Microsoft and Sony's consoles have more racing games and FPS'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:36
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:
>
> I detest realism, and in that aspect, GC can't compare, I agree, but
> Mario Kart and F-Zero rule all. :D

Neither are actually out yet over here. But I'll accept their greatness as gospel since I have played both on the N64 and MK on the SNES.

And MK may be online too! With F-Zero times able to be enter on internet scoreboards.

*Gets excited*
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:33
Regular
"8==="
Rickoss wrote:
>
> The Cube may not have as many FPS or driving games in terms of
> numbers but in terms of quality, the few titles that do come along
> are of top quality, and for me quality over quantity every time ;-)

This works against the Playstation, less so against the more 'quality controlled' Xbox.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:17
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
It's probably best to work for a one man independant store. We had one in Luton (Software Cellar) and I remember it had been around since the mid 80's until Gamestation bought them out.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:12
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Why bother going into more details? My local Gamestation is pretty
> decent.
>
> Gamestation sell cheap games...
>
> But they pay awful, the managerial system is shoddily put together
> and it looks like a below par independant retailer...
>
> How do I know? I made the mistake of working for them for a few
> months...
>
> Hell.

When the Cardiff store was opening, there was an interview assesment for ALL positions in the store at a local hotel. There were loads applying for the managerial position, some seemed really enthusiastic, whereas the manager appointed was just sitting there with his arms folded the whole time. He, ofcourse, was manager of Newport store before, and had the job guaranteed - despite GS HR rep telling us that everyone had a fair chance at each position.

Lets check the credability of the manager: He gave me a warning about being late after I had been stood outside a LOCKED shop for half an hour - I was first out of the other staff there.

He gave me another lateness warning when he turned up late - and thus there was no one there to open the doors.

He told me I was too slow at serving despite being the only person not to make mistakes on the till (as he admitted to me) and despite one who is VERY slow still not even being trained until he'd been working there for 3 months.

I could give you a long list of complaints if I wanted - but instead I'll warn people - if you want a job in a videogame store, work for a company with a lot more credability.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:48
Regular
Metroid Prime is probably the best game out in the last couple of years. Just because it's a different approach to the FPS genre (the Adventure approach ;-)) doesn't mean it's a terrible FPS. The lock-on system works amazingly well, even though I thought it would suck.

The boss battles work ten times better than FPS boss battles. The last boss in FireWarrior, for example, is great but looks dull in comparison to the lieks of the Omega Pirate.

Furthermore, Metroid Prime has probably one of the best story design ever to be thought up. Cut-scenes don't split apart the action like some FPS' use to progress, instead you build up as much storyline as you please.

The Cube may not have as many FPS or driving games in terms of numbers but in terms of quality, the few titles that do come along are of top quality, and for me quality over quantity every time ;-)
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Let me rephrase Dringos point:

*stuff* + Mario Kart: DD easily neats 99% of XBoxs *stuff*

I detest realism, and in that aspect, GC can't compare, I agree, but Mario Kart and F-Zero rule all. :D
Fri 26/09/03 at 11:34
Regular
"8==="
*PGR

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.