GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You got to have respect..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
You got to have respect for a company which will not bow to 'style over content' tactics. Which relies on quality games over 'cookie cutter' crap and is so damn pig-headed that it's way is the right way that it actually deserves some kind of strange respect.

I just felt like saying that.
Mon 22/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
You got to have respect for a company which will not bow to 'style over content' tactics. Which relies on quality games over 'cookie cutter' crap and is so damn pig-headed that it's way is the right way that it actually deserves some kind of strange respect.

I just felt like saying that.
Mon 22/09/03 at 08:57
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I would have respected that attitude 5-8 years ago but times change. And so do I.
Mon 22/09/03 at 14:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Nintendo's attitude does suck, but i will folow them till the end.
Mon 22/09/03 at 14:40
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
There is a problem with relying on quality games if you only release one every blue moon. The rest is shelf-filling ke-rr-ap.
Mon 22/09/03 at 17:07
Regular
Thats rich coming from a fan of the PS2.
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:03
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I'm not a fan of anything (except for an F1 team)

I own a PS2, but so do you... so what's your point caller? The Gamecube will die if they don't increase the rate of quality games - that's blindingly obvious and has been for months!
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:54
Regular
I own my PS2 and get a great deal of enjoyment out of it. That doesn't stop me from seeing that despite the quality (Devil May Cry, GTA, Victorious Boxers etc) there has to be the most amount of bull sheet I have ever seen on a console. I honestly think that it has over taken the PSONE when it comes down to the ratio of quality >> pants games.

Up to press the GameCube still has the biggest share of quality exclusive titles over both the Xbox and PS2. Personally (in another couple of months) I will be backing the Xbox to take over the Cube in this area. That is down to personal preference however.

As it stands though I think that most sane gamers will agree that you can not beat the collection of QUALITY exclusive titles that the GameCube currently has. Yes this has slowed down over the last few months however the PS2 has been at a complete stop for nearly 3 times this amount.
Mon 22/09/03 at 19:04
Regular
Look at it this way, games released on Cube this Christmas:

Mario Kart
F Zero GX
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Pikmin 2

The Xbox... Well my current list is around 10-12 top games (including LIVE focused titles) but this is down to pure personal preference as I am a big fan of shooting and driving games.

The PS2... Manhunt. Thats one I can honestly see as being a top exclusive title for the PS2 this Christmas and this isn't even a dead cert as far as quality goes. Pro Evolution 3 is currently rumoured to be hitting Xbox and PC this year so I am holding back on this one.

It gets worse for 2004 in the PS2 quater because some don't think Metal Gear 3 will get a release next year (not until very back end at the earliest). After Christmas the GameCube and Xbox will continue to deliver top exclusives on a regular drip each month. I hope something new comes up for the PS2 however as it stands its looking pretty bleak...
Mon 22/09/03 at 19:05
"period drama"
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Actually stole them.

I seem to be in exactly the same situation and state of mind as you. It's a nice place.
Mon 22/09/03 at 21:47
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I didn't disagree with you, and over the whole of it's lifespan the cube probably does have the highest ratio of quality to crap, but there's still hardly anything to choose from. I bet the majority of people with a cube have the same collection of games. And this thread seems to be saying Nintendo should be applauded for doing things that way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.