GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NEWS FLASH! WORLD TRADE CENTRE! HIT BY PLANES!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 14:34
Regular
just half an hour ago the north tower of the world trade centre in New York City was hit by a small passenger airplane then the south tower was hit by a larger private jet hit the south tower...the first jet is said to have been hijacked.......
it has been announsed that both planes were hijacked from boston
Page:
Fri 14/09/01 at 10:54
"I hate that!!!"
I noticed on a peice of paper that sky news held this morning it siad21,000 brits expected dead or missing" awfull isn't it?
Fri 14/09/01 at 08:59
Regular
(CNN) -- The White House and Congress have agreed on a $40 billion emergency spending measure to combat terrorism and help recovery efforts in New York and Washington. The bill should be ready for President Bush's signature Saturday.

Meanwhile, at least eight people were arrested Thursday at airports in New York because of new security measures -- including four people who were seen at one airport before Tuesday's terrorist attacks

One U.S. official told CNN, "Certainly this is being looked at -- that a hijacking was thwarted. There is concern in our office that this may have been another attempt." (Full story)

In Washington, Bush called Tuesday's terror attacks "a new kind of war." And Secretary of State Colin Powell said the "primary suspect" in the attacks was exiled millionaire and longtime U.S. adversary Osama bin Laden.

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said Thursday night that any future U.S. military action against those individuals, groups or nations involved in Tuesday's terrorist attacks would be "self-defense."

"I don't think of it as retaliation. I don't think of it as punishment," Rumsfeld said on CNN's "Larry King Live." "The United States has every right to defend itself."

"There is no question that Osama bin Laden has been -- for many years now, by his own pronouncements -- anti-West, anti-U.S., anti- a number of regimes in the Arab world," Rumsfeld said.
Fri 14/09/01 at 01:27
i got ya, i already said that anyway
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:04
Regular
that made no sence what so ever hmmm
you get the general jist of what i was trying to say
Fri 14/09/01 at 00:03
Regular
itn have just said that passengers on the flight that crashed in pennslyvannia was brought down early because passengers and crew decided to take the plane back after relising what the hijackers were planning to do
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Which is why you should take in as much as possible before deciding who is to blame etc etc.

Differing reports.
But they all show the planes hitting, still.
And the people jumping, still.

I cannot take these images anymore, they are becoming obscene with the level of exposure.
I know what happened and I will never forget those images, but there is no need to keep showing them over and over and over again.

What about families watching the news to see where their loved one is? Imagine seeing those images if you were involved.
I need a break from these clips, I can't ever forget them.
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:21
different news tell us different things
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Reports from CNN also report that the plane in Pennslyvania was "brought down" as a precaution.
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:02
I just found out that they have found the black box of the plane that crashed in pennsylvania, this could hold dome vital information on who the terrorists were and where they were from.

Also this plane has now thought to of crashed because the the passengers/hostages revolted against the hijackers. There have been reports that the the passengers phoned their loved ones saying that they will try and takecontrol of the plane again. Its not known if it was the hijackers crashing the plane because they wanted to kill someone whether it was hundreds or not, or there could of been a fight going on which made the plane lose control and crash.

But all i can say now is that the passengers were brave and gave there own lives to save the president (it is not known exacty were this was heading but it it is saiid that it was headed towards Air force one)
Thu 13/09/01 at 22:56
Gronti_v wrote:
> They might end up as bad as the terrorists.

Oh dear, I just heard it said that the Americans were willing to risk casualties to deal with these terrorists. Then they said they would risk innocent women and children on the other side if they had to.

As if it wasn't bad enough that people are thinking this, even if it isn't an official statement. Of course one thing that bothers me is this "other side" business. Who are the "other side"? We are all Humans and so surely we should all be on the same side. Like I said, it's becoming "if you aren't with us, you're against us".

When things get bad, there's always someone who knows just how to make it worse.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.