GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield: Bad Company 2'.
Mon 08/03/10 at 17:02
Regular
Since the game came out on friday, and I noticed there wasn't a thread, I decided creating one was necessary!

Played a pretty heavy session on the multiplayer online yesterday and have to say I really enjoyed it. Essentially more of the same elements that made Battlefield BC enjoyable, but with slight additions and tweaks, same as COD MW2.

The ability to rank up points with healing and repairing, as well as the use of tanks and the usual vehicles etc make for a very enjoyable online experience once again

Also noticed next to no lag despite it only being out a couple of days, the only bug seemed to be that people's ranks didn't update, ie we got to level 10/11 and we were still listed as 1

Anyone else played it yet? Or planning to?

Discuss all thinks BBC2 here!
Fri 19/03/10 at 23:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:
> Any great war stories to share?

Int death brill...ha ha
Fri 19/03/10 at 22:53
Regular
"eat toast!"
The unlock system is a bit crap in this game. I am a medic, but i have to unlock my medkits and defib units. That makes me useless and i have to resort to luck or divine intervention to be of any use for the time being. I'm not a medic, i'm an assualt soldier with a machine gun.

Any great war stories to share?
Fri 19/03/10 at 22:11
Regular
"eat toast!"
there are technical issues with this, i keep getting disconnected in matches, the server search is broken, the friends list is broken, the game doesn't update properly. Hell all my dog tags i've gained so far have disappeared.
Fri 19/03/10 at 19:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
tnc wrote:

> I have to say, trying to go back to MW2 tonight, I just got so
> bored so quickly, it was incredible. The same repetitive camp and
> kill up slowly for a killstreak or move in with knife etc just
> bores me now this is out and I can actually play a little
> tactically.. or at least with new initiatives on each map

Hi TNC, this is exactly the point I was making about the 'so called game play' in MW2 earlier - camp!

Tried BC2 online the other night and found it infuriating - hadn't a clue where I was going/meant to do etc etc - then adjusting to the pea-shooter I started with managed to work out the aiming system and actually kill someone. Killed many before this point but apparently the 'ref gave them offside' - the jury is out at the moment - not quite sure about the appeal of BC2:-(

Think I should have selected recon not assault to start with...then I could camp ;-))
Fri 19/03/10 at 08:11
Regular
"THFC"
Got through the first two levels on Campaign mode, while i wait to get online.

Really enjoying it so far and can't wait to get connected so i can enjoy the full game!!
Fri 19/03/10 at 04:16
Regular
Emmie87 wrote:
> I got the Limited Edition coming and so i think that gets you
> some early unlocks, which will be good. I am really keen to get
> online and play this.
>
> Has anyone got the Dentist Trophy/Achievement, thats the one
> everyone voted for to include in the game.

Yes, actually :)

As well as killing someone with a Defibrilator

I have to say, trying to go back to MW2 tonight, I just got so bored so quickly, it was incredible. The same repetitive camp and kill up slowly for a killstreak or move in with knife etc just bores me now this is out and I can actually play a little tactically.. or at least with new initiatives on each map
Thu 18/03/10 at 22:50
Regular
"eat toast!"
Asked Amazon about it and sniffed around on the interwebs. Apparently we don't need one as the maps will be installed on a later update. Apparently the 30th of march. Supposedly.

They better. I'm not going to be best pleased when especially when i'm entitled to some free stuff. Ok, it wasn't the LE but i damn well expect to get the new stuff for buying the game new.
Thu 18/03/10 at 19:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
spoonbeast wrote:
> Does anynoe know where the VIP code is? I can't find it. Is it my
> CD key or is there a special card?

HI SB - just had this email from EA (Battlefield):

"Use the VIP code you received with your game purchase to download additional multiplayer maps at no additional cost! No VIP Code? The VIP Code is available for purchase via the in-game store*.
*PC players will get the same content at no extra cost"

I'm a PC player and the only code I got at purchase was to unlock the AK47...no VIP code?
Thu 18/03/10 at 11:20
Regular
"THFC"
I got the Limited Edition coming and so i think that gets you some early unlocks, which will be good. I am really keen to get online and play this.

Has anyone got the Dentist Trophy/Achievement, thats the one everyone voted for to include in the game.
Thu 18/03/10 at 11:10
Regular
Just received the award for getting a 24 hour online game time, nearly rank 21, and already unlocked everything for the Engineer, Medic and Veichles

Medic and the Engineer classes make it easy to get 2-4k points per game, and I use the Recon a decent amount too, need to use the Assault class more

Hoping there's something extra after unlocking everything in each class!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.