GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield: Bad Company 2'.
Mon 08/03/10 at 17:02
Regular
Since the game came out on friday, and I noticed there wasn't a thread, I decided creating one was necessary!

Played a pretty heavy session on the multiplayer online yesterday and have to say I really enjoyed it. Essentially more of the same elements that made Battlefield BC enjoyable, but with slight additions and tweaks, same as COD MW2.

The ability to rank up points with healing and repairing, as well as the use of tanks and the usual vehicles etc make for a very enjoyable online experience once again

Also noticed next to no lag despite it only being out a couple of days, the only bug seemed to be that people's ranks didn't update, ie we got to level 10/11 and we were still listed as 1

Anyone else played it yet? Or planning to?

Discuss all thinks BBC2 here!
Wed 07/04/10 at 12:33
Regular
"THFC"
Cool, well if im online or i see you on there then just send me a message (or i will to you)

Be handy to hook up that trophy!
Wed 07/04/10 at 12:05
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
> (Maybe I should buy a Xbox or whatever)

You spelt PS3 wrong, but yes, yes you should get one! Join the staffies + Emmie.

Emmie87 wrote:
> McLong, we need to play on opposite teams and sort out knifing
> for the trophy!

Absolutely. It's hard for me to predict when I'll get a chance to play though. There's football on tonight, and then I've got FlashForward and Lost to catch up on. I might get a chance tomorrow night though... I'll let you know.
Wed 07/04/10 at 08:25
Regular
"THFC"
Yeah i have had no issues with any of the below except the first game i played online had lag, that was it.

I like both Rush and Conquest, depends on the map and how i am feeling!

McLong, we need to play on opposite teams and sort out knifing for the trophy!
Tue 06/04/10 at 19:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
McLong wrote:
> In reply to Spoonbeast, I guess the problems you're having are
> explsuive to the PC.
>

This would seem to be the usual case....I posted a few weeks back regarding the problems following a version update...outcome - all game progress lost, unavailable, not there etc etc - start again!

Bit tired of MW2, so decided this evening to resume BC2 game. Well, well .... you need version xyz to play, update? OK, update then...outcome - resume game, Up River I think, oh no you don't BC2 has stopped working etc etc etc. A search of EA/BC2 forums does seem to contain recent references to this problem, but as yet no response or remedy.

Ok, I know I could restart the entire game again for the third time, but I don't think so. At the moment BC2 has an amazing likeness to a pile of dog's doo....come back MW2 :-(

(Maybe I should buy a Xbox or whatever)
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:57
Regular
In reply to Spoonbeast, I guess the problems you're having are explsuive to the PC.

I have it on the PS3, and apart from a couple of connection issues on the day I bought it, I haven't noticed any problems, or lag, or disconnections etc (touch wood).
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:53
Regular
Couldn't play much over the last few days, good to get a couple of games on the same team as you though.

The maps we played weren't my favourite though, and I prefer to play Rush rather than Conquest (whichever the M-Com is, can never remember).

There's nothing like attacking the M-COM Stations when your squad actually works as a squad (rare).
Tue 06/04/10 at 15:43
Regular
"THFC"
I am loving BC2, cant stop playing it and am enjoying it more than MW2, i love being a sniper or a medic.

Need to knife a friend 4 more times! Stole one of my friend's dog tags as he was trying to sniper people!
Fri 02/04/10 at 11:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
BC2 isn't bad and at the very least some of the problems of caping foes is eliminated by blowing up their cover and such. But there is some seriously horrible technical problems with server search and lag in some games that its unplayable at times. Hell, its made worse when the enemy has magnum ammo and you don't and they come out top every time.
Thu 01/04/10 at 12:05
Regular
"THFC"
I think the thing with MW2 was it just seemed like an add on in so many aspects, i got tired of it quickly (well after prestiege lol)

But BF seems a lot more fresh and interesting, with new things to keep my coming back. Both fantastic games and glad to have played them both.
Thu 01/04/10 at 11:44
Regular
Emmie87 wrote:
> Do you prefer this to MW2... the big question lol

I've been trying to work this out. I think BF probably is better than MW2, for me anyway, seeing as I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed MW2.

I read a comment on some forum that said in MW2, a 1 v 1 battle is decided by whoever sees the other person first. Which is true in my experience. I'm getting a few 1 v 1s in BFBC2 and surprisingly coming out alive when I think I'm screwed.

MW2 wins on graphics, and the upgrade/challenge aspect. I love being able to build my own class with guns, grenades etc and then complete the barracks challenges for headshots etc with each gun.

BFBC2 wins on gameplay, sound, the ability to play medic/engineer etc and because it has vehicles (which are awesome). I also really like the way you can respawn by your squad members, rather than have to run the distance of the entire map just to reach the target.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.