GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Security Certificate Expired ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/02/10 at 07:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
This morning when I tried to log into the site Firefox kept throwing up a warning telling me Freeola's security certificate has expired.Can get past it by repeatedly clicking cancel until your login details appear.Don't know if its just Firefox that this happens with ?.Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Fri 26/02/10 at 23:56
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Fixed your issue Hmmm..., still investigating Pete's.
Sat 27/02/10 at 09:05
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> Fixed the issue reported by Hmmm...

Yep - that looks better :¬)

NB. You will remember the issue about remembering login details has been raised a few times in the past, and you were looking at things...

I'm not sure if you are aware of the current situation?
For me (and my Freeola customers) FF remembers the details but IE still doesn't.

I was showing a new Freeola ADSL customer how to check their usage during the week and it would have simplified things for them (and me!) if IE8 retained the login details for MyFreeola.

Obviously this would help all IE customers/users with Freeola accounts, new or returning.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 27/02/10 at 09:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Morning chaps,Just logged in now and can confirm the problem is still there for me.I have recorded a 30 sec video clip to show you guys what I am experiencing.Quality is hardly 1080P but you can see what going on OK.

Freeola Login Video Clip

The warning displayed is exactly the same as in the picture I posted in this thread yesterday.

Hope this is of some help.
Sat 27/02/10 at 11:19
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I now get this message as well. It tells me the certificate expired three days ago. This is in Firefox 3.6, but doesn't happen in the Chrome Dev Channel or IE 8

Eccles:
"Yep basically we're looking for the .co.uk version of the domain in
the certificate warning.
"

Your favicon code still refer to the .co.uk domain name when I click the "post a reply" button.
Sat 27/02/10 at 12:28
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Points to cjh and some to Pete as well for the effort he's put in to help fix this. It seem ok now after I was able to reproduce the problem.
Sat 27/02/10 at 13:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
Ah,so the favicon code was referring to the .co.uk domain was it ?,exactly what I thought all along ! :S

Excellent work guys,its fine now.
Sat 27/02/10 at 14:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Well done pete, excellent investigative work and explanatory video - 3 gold stars and a gad :-D

PS well done to the Freeola guys :-)
Sat 27/02/10 at 19:31
Regular
"I like turtles"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Well done pete, excellent investigative work and explanatory
> video - 3 gold stars and a gad :-D

Thanks DL,however I do believe I have already more than been rewarded by means of some rather nice Eccles points :)
Sat 27/02/10 at 22:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
> Well done pete, excellent investigative work and explanatory
> video - 3 gold stars and a gad :-D
>
> Thanks DL,however I do believe I have already more than been
> rewarded by means of some rather nice Eccles points :)

And they might be?
Sun 28/02/10 at 00:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
Eccles wrote:

> Points to cjh and some to Pete as well

Never been awarded any before DL,feel it's quite an achievement TBH.Probably need to earn a few more before I win a mug or something though :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.