GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Security Certificate Expired ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/02/10 at 07:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
This morning when I tried to log into the site Firefox kept throwing up a warning telling me Freeola's security certificate has expired.Can get past it by repeatedly clicking cancel until your login details appear.Don't know if its just Firefox that this happens with ?.Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Thu 25/02/10 at 14:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
OK,don't know what the hell is going on I'm getting the warning again now ? :S
Fri 26/02/10 at 07:35
Regular
"I like turtles"
Take it that it's just me still getting this when I log in then ?.Does anyone know if there any way I can configure Firefox to ignore the warning ?.
Fri 26/02/10 at 09:28
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
We've (possibly just me) have been testing various different ways of logging into MyFreeola and were fairly certain that it has been resolved.

Have you tried removing any temporary files in your browser, only thing I can think of is that your browser is still trying to load the certificate in the wrong location. To be honest, I'm not certain how the log in script works, but its certainly worth a try.

Edit: A colleague has also advised that if you are trying to log in by visiting a favourite/bookmark in your browser which has an old address stored, then this could be the cause...
Fri 26/02/10 at 10:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
motomotomd wrote:

> Edit: A colleague has also advised that if you are trying to log
> in by visiting a favourite/bookmark in your browser which has an
> old address stored, then this could be the cause...

No mate,not using favourite/bookmark,came in via tabs on main page just now.I'm on one of my work PC's at the moment and it's doing exactly the same thing on that ?.If you do not clear cookies/history (once you logged in) it seems OK but once you do (I have Firefox configured to do this when it closes) the problem returns when you attempt to log back in.Not having any problems on any other site only this one.
Fri 26/02/10 at 11:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> motomotomd wrote:
>
> Edit: A colleague has also advised that if you are trying to log
> in by visiting a favourite/bookmark in your browser which has an
> old address stored, then this could be the cause...
>
> No mate,not using favourite/bookmark,came in via tabs on main
> page just now.I'm on one of my work PC's at the moment and it's
> doing exactly the same thing on that ?.If you do not clear
> cookies/history (once you logged in) it seems OK but once you do
> (I have Firefox configured to do this when it closes) the problem
> returns when you attempt to log back in.Not having any problems
> on any other site only this one.

Mornin pete, may or may not help but just tested all manner of log in 'ways' and no problems encountered - using IE8:-)

(However, address does mention secure freeola.com and not .co.uk)
Fri 26/02/10 at 11:43
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thanks DL,posting this now using IE8 and its fine.Might have to use that for this site then ?,Not sure why this problem only rears its ugly head in Firefox ? :S
Fri 26/02/10 at 11:47
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yep basically we're looking for the .co.uk version of the domain in the certificate warning. If you could tell us the page Firefox is wanring you on then that may help. I've just cleared down my Firefox, logged into MyFreeola and then logged out again and done the same for Chat and can't reproduce the problem. It's prooving a little harder to solve than anticipated!
Fri 26/02/10 at 12:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
Right,just to make me look like a complete tool,it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore ? (still using Firefox).If the problem returns I'll let you guys know.Cheers for all of your help.
Fri 26/02/10 at 15:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Don't know what the hell is going on now but the warning is back again for me ?.This is what I did (I'm on my work laptop,different PC from this morning).Came in via tabs on main page (did not log into My Freeola) just went to post reply on chat thread and the warning came up again.As ever can round it by constantly hitting cancel until the forum login details appear.

Update : I'm back home now and its the same on my home PC.However I have noted that it only seems to reoccur when the browser is cleared out,shut down then restarted.If you do not close Firefox it seems OK.However when you restart it the problem returns.Just thought I'd mention it.
Fri 26/02/10 at 17:27
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> Yep basically we're looking for the .co.uk version of the domain
> in the certificate warning. If you could tell us the page Firefox
> is wanring you on then that may help.

I see the error (expired certificate) when I logout after visiting/editing my Freeola InstantPro site.

The address I see is as posted earlier:
https://secure.freeola.co.uk/ [remove_space] myfreeola-control-panel/instant_sites/

If I login/out without visiting InstantPro I don't see any errors.
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.