GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice City is genius...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Sat 07/02/04 at 17:04
Regular
So far I've done 3 things that I've always wanted to do.

1) Gone sick slicing people up with a samurai sword in a shopping center, complete with head severage and blood squirtage

2) Pulled a wheelie on a motorcycle, squashing a police man as I go then making an escape listening to 99 Red balloons with sirens in the background

3) Walked into a crowded nightclub, pulled a meat claver out of my jacket and made mince meat out of the village people

Genius!
Sat 07/02/04 at 17:04
Regular
So far I've done 3 things that I've always wanted to do.

1) Gone sick slicing people up with a samurai sword in a shopping center, complete with head severage and blood squirtage

2) Pulled a wheelie on a motorcycle, squashing a police man as I go then making an escape listening to 99 Red balloons with sirens in the background

3) Walked into a crowded nightclub, pulled a meat claver out of my jacket and made mince meat out of the village people

Genius!
Sat 07/02/04 at 18:00
Regular
Ah, but Grand Theft Auto 3 is better. Play that.
Sat 07/02/04 at 18:05
Regular
No it's not, granted I haven't actually started the missions on Vice City yet, but so far it's excellent.

GTA3 is really good, but I've got to the 3rd island and grown bored of it. The later missions where they have you going backwards and forwards across the islands take too long and are far too frustrating.

So far Vice City's soundtrack owns GTA3's. As do the vehicles, city and ummmmm a hell of a lot of other things.
Sat 07/02/04 at 18:38
Regular
GTA3 had much better design for me, and was a lot more enjoyable to play.
Sat 07/02/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Teal'c"
Doing drive by shootings on a moped is comically genius.
Sat 07/02/04 at 19:22
Regular
great game, its been sharpened from the ps2 version and has some extras. Aswell as some different style cars. Best game ive got
Sat 07/02/04 at 19:41
Regular
Both games are sweet to play. I did prefer GTA 3 but then again I wasn't expecting such a revolution for the series and how well they had coped turning it into a 3D world. Vice City was equally as sweet if not as ground breaking, love Ray Liotta and his voice acting is stellar. Both seriously kick ass games though.
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:14
Regular
This is an amazing game pack that I preordered. I just can't get enough of that subtle twist of gore/addictive gameplay/complete freedom and excellent missions. I preferred Vice City because of the missions, property features, clothes and sheer variety. GTA:3 is excellent and overall has a better storyline and is a harder game.

Revolutionary games pack, in one word:

.... ANARCHY
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:19
Regular
"8==="
Haven't played Vice City yet but so far I think I've spent more time on Roadkill than GTA3, Roadkill just grabbed me a bit more.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:22
Regular
"eat toast!"
The aiming in the game is terrible. As shooting relies on whether you're fast enough to scroll through each person (maybe aiming at a gangster or a cop whiles doing so) and then firing.

This is the only fault in the game. Couldn't understand why they didn't put a targeter or some cross hairs to actually help people out. Lets hope Rockstar make an upgrade or something and improve it.

Apart from that. Good game. Very good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.