GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with my broadband account"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/01/10 at 08:58
Regular
Hi I called in last night about the internet being very slow and actually dead at some points, the router is still in sync the ADSL light is on the Internet light is on some times off other times, and some times it comes up with the log in page for the router, but not my router!

Any how a I know that Freeola said there was NO problem that they were aware off, but I have made several calls this morning round the village and beyond, all the village (various ISPS ) are having the same problem and the two nearest big towns both about 6 miles from our village are having the same problem, so clearly if there is not a fault that your aware off it may soon become one :-)

Digi
Thu 07/01/10 at 09:11
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hi there Digi,

I've had a look at your account and it appeared to be disconnecting a bit last night. This said, you are now on a 8 hour connection where as before your connection was only lasting for a few minutes.

Using the BB status checkers that we have there are no reported issues in your area, this doesn't mean there isn't a problem, just that our checks haven't been updated yet to state so.

It may be worth doing a BT speedtest and seeing what results you get, with what you have described I wouldn't be surprised if this test doesn't complete successfully. If other users in your area are having similar issues then I agree it would appear to be general issue, and it could be down to errors across your connection that are causing your connection to seem slow.

I'm not sure what the weather conditions are like where you are, but we do frequently see issues with extreme weather conditions. We assume that this could be because of lines or cabling that have insufficient insulation.

I will have another look into your account and post a reply up here if I can find any information out.
Thu 07/01/10 at 08:58
Regular
Hi I called in last night about the internet being very slow and actually dead at some points, the router is still in sync the ADSL light is on the Internet light is on some times off other times, and some times it comes up with the log in page for the router, but not my router!

Any how a I know that Freeola said there was NO problem that they were aware off, but I have made several calls this morning round the village and beyond, all the village (various ISPS ) are having the same problem and the two nearest big towns both about 6 miles from our village are having the same problem, so clearly if there is not a fault that your aware off it may soon become one :-)

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.