GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with my broadband account"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/01/10 at 08:58
Regular
Hi I called in last night about the internet being very slow and actually dead at some points, the router is still in sync the ADSL light is on the Internet light is on some times off other times, and some times it comes up with the log in page for the router, but not my router!

Any how a I know that Freeola said there was NO problem that they were aware off, but I have made several calls this morning round the village and beyond, all the village (various ISPS ) are having the same problem and the two nearest big towns both about 6 miles from our village are having the same problem, so clearly if there is not a fault that your aware off it may soon become one :-)

Digi
Mon 11/01/10 at 19:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
ButchML wrote:
> It looks like there were one or two issues yesterday with the
> running of the site, all sorted now though.
>
> It wasn't the new homepage that
> caused it, just a random error I believe. Although, if McLong
> asks, it WAS the homepage he designed that was causing issues :)

OK Butch nudge nudge wink wink:-)
Mon 11/01/10 at 09:31
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
It looks like there were one or two issues yesterday with the running of the site, all sorted now though.

It wasn't the new homepage that caused it, just a random error I believe. Although, if McLong asks, it WAS the homepage he designed that was causing issues :)
Sun 10/01/10 at 18:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Digitrader wrote:
> Hi warhunt - its back to wizzy fast today not had time to log
> another speed test as we have had tractors and diggers all day
> trying to dig us out :) and tonight I get to go to work YEAH
> FREEDOM :)
>
> Digi

'There may be trouble ahead - but let's face the music and dance' ...

Seems Freeola pages aren't refreshing as normal - real lag + javascript errors:

"Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:10:20 UTC

Line: 28
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://chat.freeola.com/js/thickbox.js

Line: 11
Char: 1
URI: http://chat.freeola.com/js/jquery.pngFix.pack.js

Line: 96
Char: 6
URI: http://chat.freeola.com/

Any problems elsewhere?

Freeola seems to be running like a 'sack of potatoes'. It's not to do with 'new front page' is it?
Fri 08/01/10 at 15:56
Regular
Hi warhunt - its back to wizzy fast today not had time to log another speed test as we have had tractors and diggers all day trying to dig us out :) and tonight I get to go to work YEAH FREEDOM :)

Digi
Fri 08/01/10 at 14:32
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
That seems about right. A bit low maybe if we are being fussy for a 7+ profile.

Are you still seeing incredibly slow speeds at this point with that 5+ conn?
Thu 07/01/10 at 10:53
Regular
I got a result from the speed test and things appear to be speeding up now

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5259 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
Thu 07/01/10 at 10:13
Regular
Biggar is not that far away for sure , I tried the BT speedtest and it just hangs been saying this now for ages

The Performance Tester is now testing Broadband connection. Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 7150 k

Please do not move away from this page and do not start any other download activity on your computer.

but I have given up. Re weather update the sun is trying to get out and its getting warmer now -13!

Digi

am on facebook if you want to look up the photos :-)

kevin currie my profile pic is my grand vitara in the snow
Thu 07/01/10 at 09:36
"Are you sure?"
FWIW
I see there is a BT MSO 'degraded service' being reported for 'Biggar' which isn't a million miles from Digi, not sure if that's connected or not...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 07/01/10 at 09:29
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Crickey! -16! Thats ridiculous...

And I thought -5 was cold when I was getting in my car this morning...

Hopefully so, if you could keep us updated though we can investigate if and when needed.
Thu 07/01/10 at 09:23
Regular
Hi Motomoto
Thanks for the fast reply - our weather is pants! last night -16 the snow is about 2feet deep all around this area and the main road to England is still closed I reckon it may be one of these problems that will clear its self ( I am blaming the weather) but its frustrating

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.