GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consoles: Let battle comence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 13:50
Regular
Hey why cant I post on the PRime forun?

Oh well there loss!

Here goes.

This time next year there will be 3 main consoles on the market. Those of Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony.

By then Sony will be old hat, and no one will want it any more I imagine.

Xbox might be good. As a doorstop!

Nintendos console, the Dolphin will shurely be the bestest, and rill rock and rule the world.

If I win for this could I have Pokemon Stadium 2 plaese.
Mon 16/07/01 at 13:42
Argh No I love Sony and Microsft now! I'm not a Ninty.

Noooo! I just can't decide. please help me!
Mon 16/07/01 at 13:41
Damn shame! It looks like we've lost Wonderboy from 'Team Ninty'.

Look at the games Wonderboy - Ghostbusters is great, look at Eternal Darkness Wonderboy you will like it....
Mon 16/07/01 at 13:37
Okay, I've done a little research since my initial post, and can see that it wasn't very well though out, and I apologise for that.

I can see that there are some fantasic games coming out for the Playstation 2, and will give it much consideration come next May, when my investments mature.

I have decided that the Gamecube (as you now call it) may not be the console for me, I mean who wants to play a game that looks like Ghostbusters? All of the rest of the launch titles are sequels, like Super Smash Bros and Waverace. Oh, and Pikmin, but that looks to be very child oriented.

I've looked at the Xbox, and must say that some of those games look remarkable!

I'll be comparing Project Gotham very closely to GT3 before I decide between the Playstation 2 and the Xbox!
Sun 15/07/01 at 19:42
I would like the Nintendo gamecube to be the best console next year, but I will probably end up buying a playstation 2 before the cube is released. I think that out of the three the XBox will probably the best though. So have you got all of the, I'll put it into list form for you.

Want the Gamecube to be the best.

Will probably only buy a Playstation 2.

Think the XBox will turn out to be the best.

If that makes sense then, well then thats ok.
Sat 14/07/01 at 02:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sorry, you can't have one, AS IT'S NOT EVEN BEEN BLOODY WELL RELEASED YET!!!

Jeez...
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:13
Gamecube please!
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:12
>RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Uh huh... GET THE STRAIGHT JACKET!!

>:-D

Hmmm.....*retreats to the safety of the Sony forum*
Whats your fave next gen console then ?
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:07
Regular
"You've upset me"
Uh huh... GET THE STRAIGHT JACKET!!

:-D
Fri 13/07/01 at 20:04
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I see you've finally ventured outside the SOny forum SIP, >what time
> have you got to be back? You woudn't want Mum getting >worried now
> would you...

Very good ! Well maybe theres a reason I stay in the Sony forum.... And Sony will do SO good next year, with SOCOM : US Navy Seals, Primal, Vampire Nights, FFX, Tony hawks 3, Ico, Tekken 4, Soul Calibur 2, Spider Man the movie, Tomb Raider the movie, Silent Hill 2, RE: Ground Zero, and don't forget the HD/modem kit which will mean the PS2 will be the first established next-gen console to launch online, I admit I don't know if Gamebrick and X box have online capability but the initial user base is going to be a little low don't you think !

Yay 6 days to GT3 :) !!
Fri 13/07/01 at 19:53
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
>As for sony being "old hat" by next year ?
> LOL *collapses laughing*

Yes, Sony's going to do SO well next year.

(sarcasm included)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.