GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Entire devil may cry forum"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Devil May Cry'.
Wed 26/05/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Include anything to do with devil may cry here, as this will be the last one I make.
Thu 27/05/04 at 18:57
"period drama"
Expert ass crawlage: 8/10, could delve further.
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Jackpot!"
oooooh wakka was hitman the best then even though you think it's 6/10 cos if thats the case I have definitely got to improve.

I need to become a jedi knight and feel the force of gameaday!

.*)
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:36
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Heh. Now this is a review:

SPYRO 2: SEASON OF FLAME for GBA

The little purple dragon embarks on his first adventure on the Game Boy Advance! He is summoned to the Sunny Plains to help out the Elder, all of the fireflies have been stolen by Ripto and you must find them before times runs out!

This game is very enjoyable and extremely addictive. It might not last very long (it took me twenty hours to fully complete) but I could hardly put it down for the majority of the time! It is great fun to play and you will keep coming back to it to collect all of the fireflies and the gems.

At the start of the game, Sypro has few attacks. He can only breathe ice as all of the fireflies have been stolen. But as the game goes on, you learn many more fatal moves. You learn to breathe fire aswell as thunder. You can fly further and charge into enemies, or even boulders to destroy them!

The levels are all full of brilliant detail and are amazingly life-like. All of the levels have weird and wondeful challanges in them. As well as finding fireflies, you can do a task for someone to win a firefly. For example, in a level called 'Winter Mesa', you have to beat a walrus at ice-hockey for a firefly!

There are some brilliant levels such as Haunted Hills and Candy Lane. But don't think that Spyro has to do this all by himself, oh no. Some levels are exclusive to Sheila the kangaroo and Agent 9. In Sheila's levels you usually have to use your unique jumping ability to gain the advantage over your enemies! Agent 9's levels are equally unique. When you jump through the portal, you appear in a cool two-dimesional world in which it is very hard to dodge enemies. But luckily, you come equipped with a gun to take out the life-threatening monsters!

Once you have given enough fireflies to the Elder, he will let you pass through to a different land. There are three lands: Sunny Plains, Celestial Plains and the Starry Plains. Each of these lands are filled with many exciting levels and weird people to meet. At the end of every land, you will have to fight a boss. These bosses aren't to hard but they do take a while to figure out how to defeat them!

All of these features are brilliant but the one that stands out the most is the amount of replayablity in the game. Even although I have completed the game, I could just turn on my GBA right now and try to find more gems which would keep me occupied for several hours. Once you complete the game you unlock a cool game of draughts to play against the Dragon Elder and once you collect all of the gems, you unlock a game called Sparx Panic.

This is one of the best platformers I have ever played and could take Mario and Sonic on any day. It is a true masterpiece and is one of the best games on the GBA. This is another wonderful game in the line of great Spyro games. It is well worth your money and is probably very very cheap now. I advise you to get it. No change that, I advise you to get it now. It is as vital to your GBA as your central nervous system is to your brain.

By Wakka
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:42
Regular
"Jackpot!"
is that a review that you have won on?

spyro is quite good, but not my sort of game.
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:51
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I posted it a few days ago so it can still win. It took 10 minutes to plan and 5 minutes to write.

Here's a review that I wrote quite early on in my SR life:

MANHUNT for PS2

One word can sum up Manhunt - sick. But its also great fun. From the first time you execute somebody using a plastic bag to the last level in which you have to kill Piggsy (a gigantic 8-foot mutated pig) and get his chainsaw. If you thought that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City deserved to be an eighteen then you'll be really surprised at this. It's sick and gruesome in moments when you get weapons such as the 'sickle'. You can slit open somone's stomach and watch the guts pour out and laugh. It is really scary in moments when you are getting chased by a gang and there is no where to hide. In those situations you just have to cry.
Usually levels are based around the fact that the sick, violent moviemaker Lionel Starkweather has cameras placed all around the places and you have to preform a sick murder in front of them. But why does Cash (the character you control) follow Starkweather's instruction? The answer is because the character, James Earl Cash was on death row and was killed but Starkweather mysteriously brings him back to life.
So during the game you have to preform life risking stunts, such as picking off the members of one of the gangs one by one. Because of this, the game is very exciting and extremely addictive. As well as executing a gang member (creeping up behind them and beheading them), you can also engage in combat. Usually they win, which is why I like to execute guys.
Its very hard to put this game under a genre. It could be under stealth (you have to make noise to attract gang members.) Or it could be under Horror but there aren't any ghosts and ghouls. The answer is, Manhunt is a genre on its own. To be honest, it rules. Most of the levels involve you running away from gangs or breaking into gang members' meeting places. But eventually Cash has had enough and he tries to break into Starkweather's mansion and kill him. I won't tell you how it ends though, you can find that out for yourself. :)
The weapons in the game are horribly amazing. They range from meat cleavers to chainsaws and are all diguisting. Later on in the game you will find guns such as the sniper rifles and Uzis. I must say, there is nothing more satisfying in that game than taking off three heads with one bullet with the assault rifle. It is a feeling that you'll never forget.
Aswell as all of this, there is lots of swearing and therefore I can say that nobody under 18 should buy it. The only other game that I can think of that uses the 'F' word half as much as Manhunt is The Getaway. And the amount of times 'b*****d' is said must be near 200. But if you are over eighteen or are very very mature then buy this game now. It will give you countless hours of fun and enjoyment. If you want to compare it to Vice City then I will say that Manhunt is a much darker, scarier experience full of greatness and gore. It deserves anyones 10/10 mark.

By Silent Assasin
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Now that is a good review, did it win?
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I never win. ;-(
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Jackpot!"
oh good mav, I doubt it will win though, but ya never know because the gameaday winners list still is up to date, I'll probably find out if I have lost in a week or so as it should hopefully be updated then.
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:59
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Wow wakka you have done 22 reviews and still haven't won once, I think I'll be heading in your direction mate.

hehe
Fri 28/05/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
It's not fair. I posted 20 reviews without knowing that you had to give your name to win GAD. If I had put my name down I would have won at least once. ;-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.