GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
Been playing this a lot recently and I seem to have reawoken my love for it. Multiplayer is just so brilliant, there's so many different modes and options it still feels fresh today.

Been trying out a few new game modes, Leech in particular, and also Shrink. Any game with a team of Monkeys and Robofish with Anaconda playing in the background deserves a medal. It looks hilarious when you have one-shot kills on, slappers only and there's a group of different sized monkeys punching the crap out of each other. The Snowman screaming "I'm melting!" as you lay into him with the flamethrower is genius.

I really can't believe I stopped playing this for so long, it's brilliant. It's no Goldeneye, but still one of the best FPS' I've played.

Oh, and WS, it's brilliant, so shush. :-P
Sun 05/09/04 at 23:43
Regular
munn wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Played as Monkey: Never
>
> Very proud I am.
>
> You cna't really make a valid argument on you being good that you've
> never played as the monkey.

I never said I was good... I'm just saying I've never resorted as playing as a character that is the hardest to hit in the game.
Sun 05/09/04 at 22:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
> Very proud I am.
>
> You cna't really make a valid argument on you being good that you've
> never played as the monkey.
> If you've never played as him, you can't make a valid opinion on how
> good he is.

True, but from just playing the game you know that being short is an aid.
Sun 05/09/04 at 21:31
Regular
Dringo wrote:
>
> Very proud I am.

You cna't really make a valid argument on you being good that you've never played as the monkey.
If you've never played as him, you can't make a valid opinion on how good he is.
Sun 05/09/04 at 21:25
Regular
I'm now on 32 Platinums, 33 Golds, and 1 Silver.
It Should Be 33 Platinum and 32 Golds though, but that Banana Chomp levels is still being all glitchy, which sucks.
I have a platinum in 14 of the 18 (or is it 21?) challenges, whatever it is, I only have 3 golds and 1 silver challenge left.

Getting platinum on the Siberia Stealth level is fecking impossible.
You need to get 1000 points in 40 seconds or less, which means no mistakes whatsoever, no missed shots or wall bumping at all.
I managed 40.3 seconds 3 times in a row, and i've had plenty of sub 42 second times, but no sub-40 second times.

Booooooo.
Fri 03/09/04 at 17:36
Regular
Bahhhh.
I can't get a platinum on the Banana Chomp level where you play as the wood golem.
I can collect 24 bananas, which you need for a gold, then the level finishes, despite the fact that I could easily get another 3 bananas in less than a second, but the level finishes, and it tells me I've got a platinum, but, go back to the main screen, and it's a gold.

:|
Fri 03/09/04 at 16:55
Regular
I've played as Monkey about 50 times I think, and killed 2 civilians. My brother has played as Monkey over 160 times.

Fri 03/09/04 at 16:28
Regular
Civilian Killings - 2
Played as monkey - 12 times

But usually that's becasue I have an all out Monkey versus Robofish war in CTB and sometimes it's fun to have 12 monkey players running around.
Fri 03/09/04 at 15:31
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I just love the stats...
>
> Player: Dringo
>
>

Me too.

Civilian Killings: 232 :)
Thu 02/09/04 at 23:05
Regular
I just love the stats...

Player: Dringo

Played as Monkey: Never

Very proud I am.

Roll on TS3.
Thu 02/09/04 at 21:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You seem to try and do that well enough all ready :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.