GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
Been playing this a lot recently and I seem to have reawoken my love for it. Multiplayer is just so brilliant, there's so many different modes and options it still feels fresh today.

Been trying out a few new game modes, Leech in particular, and also Shrink. Any game with a team of Monkeys and Robofish with Anaconda playing in the background deserves a medal. It looks hilarious when you have one-shot kills on, slappers only and there's a group of different sized monkeys punching the crap out of each other. The Snowman screaming "I'm melting!" as you lay into him with the flamethrower is genius.

I really can't believe I stopped playing this for so long, it's brilliant. It's no Goldeneye, but still one of the best FPS' I've played.

Oh, and WS, it's brilliant, so shush. :-P
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:06
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I remember always getting rather killed up by the SentryBots if I try and run straight past them. Anyhoo, will have another go later. Oh, and munn - 52.1 seconds of Men In Grey Suits. So eat my scrotum :P
Fri 17/09/04 at 16:20
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> munn wrote:
> I got my uber score first time. No lasergun.
>
> How?
>
> - Cheat Disc.

Bullshat. As long as you keep moving and have good aim with the plasma autorifle and hominglauncher, you're fine.

I ran to the right, blew up the laser gun on the far right, as that's the easiest way to go, as only that one laser gun can hit you.

When I got to the door you quickly fire a grenade in and strafe to the left/right to get the armour. Boom, guns gone. Run in and head straight down towards the spirally room. Strafed past the lone laser gun, plasma grenaded it. Ran to the big room, ran backwards, launched a grenade at the gun on the wall, and fired one at the platform to get the other. Ran round and down, another sticky grenade fired. Ran into the platform to pick up the autorifle there to stock up on grenades and continued running.

I then ran around to the homing launcher, picked it up, ran round shot at the rocket firing gun thing (it usually caused the most problems, I was lucky not to be hit). and I ran straight round not being hit by the guns, stocked up on the wee armour thing there, ran through aiming upwards, hit the gun that's above our head with rockets. Keep running around, reload witht he homing launcher, turn left andrun backwards, fire three rockets at the gunbehind me. Turn around 180 and run through, ignore the two guns in the room after it, head straight for the contol room. Go up the stairs, stop and launch a grenade over the top of the barrier and hit the gun (that was the only bit I stopped at), it blew up, then I ran round and up.

No cheats required.

I rock at the game. 44 platinums I've got or something, the amateur arcade awards are the hardest to get platinums in, they require obscenely fast times/numbers of kills. The Men In Grey Assalut level, my best time is a minute 7 or soemthing, no platinum. Gutted.
Fri 17/09/04 at 12:46
Regular
Yuri_Fan wrote:

> Your research, is it done by a monkey?
>
> Here's how things REALLY happened:
>
> After the success of Goldeneye-007 and Perfect Dark, some members of
> the Rareware team left to concentrate on different projects. Thus,
> Free Radical was born.
>
> Remember NOM-UK a couple of months ago, when they had the Dr. Doak
> Interview? (Yes, he IS the one that supplied his face for the
> guy on Goldeneye!)

Um I know.... Trying to suggest I didn't know that is plainly stupid.

They aren't millionaires though, they still have to support the company by releasing games quickly.

And he isn't really a Doctor, he just was in the game. His name is David Doak, and what a guy he is.
Thu 16/09/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Thing that annoyed me was it was nothing to PD.
>
> It came out years after PD on far more able platforms, and
> yet
> it couldn't have all the trillions, not millions, of modes and
> tweaks
> that PD had. And the single player was poor even compared to the
> alien PD levels, which still rocked.
>
> PD was an evolution on Goldeneye. The core code was allready there,
> so they had all the time they needed to improve and innovate - not
> worry about getting sprites rendered, frame rates, and control
> schemes. Especially over 3 consoles.
>
> TS2 was, yes, an evolution of TS1, but so many things needed ironing
> out from TS1 it may as well been from scratch. Add to that three
> consoles and it was tough, I assure you, to get in the ammount of
> tweaks they did. If they had the PD code, imagine what an improvment
> they could have made - But Bill Gates has that!
>
> I would expect TS3 will be what we would expect from a PD sequel.
> Just without Jonna.

Well then. you know what to do: wait patiently!
Thu 16/09/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Dringo wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> BOOO!
>
> It should've been bettah than PD.
>
> PD was made by a developer that has the best of the best amongst
> their teams, it was made by a developer that had infinite supply of
> money and time.
>
> Free Radical was a small one team co-orperation and in order to
> survive they had to release a game within a year and a game about a
> year after that. The success of Timesplitters 2 allowed Free Radical
> to expand and develop further games, but they had to keep releasing
> games to make money.

Your research, is it done by a monkey?

Here's how things REALLY happened:

After the success of Goldeneye-007 and Perfect Dark, some members of the Rareware team left to concentrate on different projects. Thus, Free Radical was born.

Remember NOM-UK a couple of months ago, when they had the Dr. Doak Interview? (Yes, he IS the one that supplied his face for the guy on Goldeneye!)
Thu 16/09/04 at 21:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> munn wrote:
>
> How?
>
> - Cheat Disc.

Pah.
Thu 16/09/04 at 15:49
Regular
tphi wrote:
> munn wrote:
>
> How?

- Cheat Disc.

To get 1 minute 30 you have to not die, have to not stop and not shoot anything (unless it doesn't slow you down).

There is a way you can make it to the door without being shot because your partner occasionally distracts the gun to the side... but it is nigh on impossible to make it through that door with 2 guns without blowing them up or using the shield and you have to be incredibly brilliant and lucky to make it down the spiral area without being shot by the bots and the thread lasers.

Then there are the rocket ones in the following room (tho you don't need the shield here).
Thu 16/09/04 at 15:46
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> BOOO!
>
> It should've been bettah than PD.

PD was made by a developer that has the best of the best amongst their teams, it was made by a developer that had infinite supply of money and time.

Free Radical was a small one team co-orperation and in order to survive they had to release a game within a year and a game about a year after that. The success of Timesplitters 2 allowed Free Radical to expand and develop further games, but they had to keep releasing games to make money.
Thu 16/09/04 at 15:37
Regular
I Rock.
Thu 16/09/04 at 15:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:

How?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.