GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Remote - Don't know if anyone knew this..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 16:16
Regular
It seems you change the DVD region your Xbox can play determined by the the remote you're using.

I bought a UK one hoping to use it on both my UK and US Xboxes. I tried it in the US one but it said my US DVD's were an invalid region. I tried a UK R2 DVD in the US machine and it worked.

I'm guessing a US-bought remote would let you play R1 DVDs in your UK Xbox, meaning instead o hunting down the ever-elusive DVD Region X disc, you could just buy a US remote.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm about to order a US remote anyway as I need it to watch my R1 DVDs with.
Sat 28/08/04 at 14:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Oh great, so now my US Xbox will play UK DVDs and my UK Xbox will play
> USA DVDs.
>
> Nice.

Did you get your broken box working then?
Sat 28/08/04 at 11:11
Regular
Oh great, so now my US Xbox will play UK DVDs and my UK Xbox will play USA DVDs.

Nice.
Sat 28/08/04 at 10:49
Regular
"\\"
That sucks. And it's silly.
Sat 28/08/04 at 09:44
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Buying the U.S Remote and using it on a UK Xbox does play U.S region 1 DVD titles but once the Region 1 infra-red box is put into the UK Xbox, the UK Xbox will ONLY ever play Region 1 titles as it places the code on to the hard-drive.

Got this from site while looking more info, I knew it was to good to be true.
Fri 27/08/04 at 23:45
Regular
The Ultimate Typo
Fri 27/08/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
They're good online fag buddies.

EDIT: Haha, since it was such a good typo I'm going to leave it there!
Fri 27/08/04 at 22:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Just because those girls can't get enough of me at the plant.....
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:59
Regular
*implodes*
Regular
YOU HAVE RUINED MY THREAD!
Regular
Bah, you will not accept defeat, so I shall postpone this little spat on the grounds that I am fooking tired.

I'm off to bed. Good Night to you all.

Except Cyclone the Employee-of-the-Month at the Fudge Packing plant

:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.