GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 DVD (AGAIN)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/01 at 10:04
Regular
I am currently, like everyone else it seems experiencing severe lip-synch errors on my ps2 when playing dvds.

I read somewhere that generally dvd players suffer fewer lip-synch issues when using the digital output directly to an av amp.

I am currently running an analogue sound output through my prologic tv, but don't have a digital amp to prove or disprove this....can anyone confirm that they have tried DIGITAL AND ANALOGUE methods on their PS2 getting different results?

I'm gonna phone SONY today to see if they'll replace it for me.....there's not ONE disc where I don't have lip-sync problems!!!!

I'm one of those people who felt that the DVD playback was a major reason for buying ps2 (not having a dedicated player), but it just don't work!
Tue 03/07/01 at 16:10
Regular
"Playsation rules!!!"
Darkreaper wrote:
> How is X-Men like The Matrix?

If you watch carefully some of the fighting scenes are like The Matrix style (e.g: When Wolvereen is fighting Sabortooth on the statue of Liberties head, he is knocked off by Sabortooth and hangs on in slow- motion to one of the crown spikes and then it gets quicker as he swings back on to the head.By the way sorry it's a bit long.
Tue 03/07/01 at 15:59
ryjord wrote:
> Hey talking about DVD'S, has anyone seen X-Men the movie, personaly
> I think it is a bit like the Matrix. Not that I'm bad mouthing the
> Matrix because I think that film is cool!

How is X-Men like the Matrix?
Tue 03/07/01 at 14:20
Regular
"Playsation rules!!!"
Hey talking about DVD'S, has anyone seen X-Men the movie, personaly I think it is a bit like the Matrix. Not that I'm bad mouthing the Matrix because I think that film is cool!
Sun 24/06/01 at 15:10
Regular
neither have i
Sun 24/06/01 at 14:30
I've never had a problem playing any dvds on my ps2. But all of mine contain logos which say either compatable with ps2 or most dvd players.
There shouldnt be a difference if you use audio or not.
like someone pointed out. It comes set to the right settings.
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:38
Regular
"Back For Good"
Diagnosis mode automatically sets up the picture
> for the best possible playback with any given disc, nothing audio
> related!!!

when the "lip sync" is going off track this will sort it out and will make the sound match the picture.
Wed 20/06/01 at 13:10
Regular
I would like to point out a major point people don't seem to understand.

Diagnosis mode automatically sets up the picture for the best possible playback with any given disc, nothing audio related!!!
Wed 20/06/01 at 07:38
wow! my first lip-sync problem-free disc!!!!!

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.......

(it does say ps2 compatible on the box though.........)
Tue 19/06/01 at 10:19
cheers adrian I'll give it a go......

maybe the digital sound IS inadvertantly switched on.....

but I'm pretty sure it isn't
Tue 19/06/01 at 09:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have a launch machine and have no problems. I havent played tghat many DVD's in it but I have had no problems. I think Davey that you should look in all of the options on the PS2 main menu and the DVD menu when a disc is inserted. There maybe an option that is set, and isnt being really used on your setup .e.g. Digital sound when you only have analogue. Try different settings and see if this will work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.