GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online Webcam"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/12/06 at 12:36
Regular
Okay my task for today is to set up a webcam on my website. Anyone done that before?

I have my webcam installed and running. Now I just need to find some software to FTP the images to my website.

I'll blog my progress in this thread so others can try it themselves =) I mentioned before about a friend of mine who set up a site with live feed on his chickens. =)
Sun 17/12/06 at 16:04
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Oh, I see, poor girl ... thing I'll add my two cents worth :)

I remember seeing that piece on the BBC news web site. I think they caught the bloke who did it and he got it back.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:59
Regular
cjh wrote:
> Machie:
> "Oo that could be fun :) Perhaps Sunflower could use one
> to see if her sister is stealing her mail.
"?
>
> Come again? :)

Apparently her older sister steals her mail.

I've heard of people using these, one guy had it setup to send him a video via email when someone comes into his room. I think they stole his laptop, can't remember if he got it back.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:52
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Machie:
"Oo that could be fun :) Perhaps Sunflower could use one to see if her sister is stealing her mail."?

Come again? :)
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:50
Regular
Oo that could be fun :) Perhaps Sunflower could use one to see if her sister is stealing her mail.

I'll check for some prices on wireless webcams.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:36
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Machie:
"You can get wireless web cams now cant you? If I can get one cheap I might be tempted."

I think you can, yes, and some can even be plugged directly in to your router, so you don't have to have the computer on (some people use them for security, upload video footage if someone breaks in and trips the infra-red beem) - though I'm not sure how reliable or easy to use they are.

I think you can even get wireless digital cameras too.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:31
Regular
Oh and the program I ended up using was booruWebCam Free and perfect for my needs =) I think it's a Japanese program too.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:30
Regular
I really should start stalking you Garin, I know hardly anything about you =) not sure of your age, where you live in the UK or whether Garin is your real name.

I'll find out one day, I suppose I could just ask, but then I never take the simple solution as I'm sure you're all aware =D

No I havent got the second one working. I dont think it's a good idea to run it twice, I could run it on another machine but nah. One will do I suppose.

I had to lower the quality of the picture so it might not look good, plus it's very dark I'll go turn the lights on.

You can get wireless webcam now cant you? If I can get one cheap I might be tempted.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:23
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Maybe check that web cam isn't in your office eh :)

Any luck with getting the two to work Machie?
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:21
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Hes obsessed with me. Everytime I go out I have the feeling I'm being watched. I'm sure its him stalking me.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:19
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
lol, poor Garin :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.