GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A little help please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 22:06
Regular
Personally my favourite search engine by far is Google.co.uk. I don't use Google.com because I normally want to be able to stipulate UK only.

I would like to know which search engines you use ofr searching in the UK. If you list more than one could you give some idea of the percentage of use, e.g.

Google.co.uk 80%
Excite.com 20%

This will be useful to me in the work I am doing at the moment.

Thanks.
Sat 16/06/01 at 09:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
Yahoo - 80%

The rest (Excite,Lycos,Google) - 20%
Sat 16/06/01 at 08:58
Google
Ask Jeeves
(I use this more often because I want to win £1,000,000!)
Sat 16/06/01 at 08:37
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Google 65%
Yahoo 25%
UK Plus 5%
Altavista 5%

Hope it helped Tony (Soprano):D

Shaneo - Loves to help! / A$$ kisser
Fri 15/06/01 at 22:46
Hotbot 75%
Yahoo 25%
Fri 15/06/01 at 22:40
Regular
"smile, it's free"
www.altavista.com - 80%
www.momma.com - 10%
www.yahoo.com - 5%
www.askjeeves.co.uk - 5% (normally just to laugh at how poor it is)
Fri 15/06/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Google.com 50%
Britannica.com 10%
MSN.com 10%
Google.co.uk 5%
Excite.co.uk 1%
Know what I want and where to get it anyway 24%
Fri 15/06/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Roughly 80% Google and 20% ask jeaves.
Fri 15/06/01 at 22:24
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Thanks Game, I'm obviously on your side. I'd just like to say i've told all my mates about FOG and SR, and everything mentioned is good.

And i feel i'm improving mu posts and my topics. It's now old news so drop it Tony. One minute you like me, the next i'm your worst enemy!
Wed 13/06/01 at 08:47
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Tony wrote:

>Just like FOG of old here tonight.

>Watch out for Spider II
>though. Now calling himself Techno.

>Maybe he's changed?

How rude, poor kid...

Think when you were back to that age... trying to fit in... give him a break!

(One that doesn't involve hospitalisation or a chocolate bar!)

I really can't see how you can be so rude as to single someone out, especially when they're still around.

People look up yo you Tony, you've no doubt see all the 'Tony, look here... it's urgent!' topics, so why, when you know you have this effect on people, do you put one of them down...

I'm not complaining but rather voicing an opinion on the lack of professionalism!

You may very well be the owner of SR, or whatever...

But how you treat Spider will have one of two effects...

The first, he's all happy and cheerful... goes off... tells about 5 mates about SR regardless of whether they ask him, they join, the company grows, more sales are made... and you get another member to your R&D dept.

The alternative is that he goes off altogether and when his friends ask him of a decent games retailler...

You think that he's going to say oh, there is a really rude, crap site called SR, they're obnoxious, mean and generally a load of t**ts but you should buy from them anyway...

HELL NO!

The chances are, that Spider has already seen your post... I think you should do something to try and undo some of the 'trouble' you've caused.

Game
Wed 13/06/01 at 08:31
Regular
"not dead"
Its roughly 90% Jeeves, 10% Lycos.

I only use Jeeves because I like to phrase my searches as a question. Then the damn fool gives me a bunch of irrelevant trash!

I only use Lycos as a second as it was the only one I could remember some time ago when I needed one, and it worked for me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.