GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4 goes offline"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
GT4 has sadly been made an offline only game. The online play option has been dropped from the game and the plan is now to have the next gran turismo game have online play.

Looks like the online play mode was dropped to allow a release in time for christmas, either that or there was major troubles getting the online mode playable.
Sat 25/09/04 at 11:52
"Genius!"
Also, this might be off topic a bit, but nevermind.
Is GT4 going to come out on PC anytime?
Sat 25/09/04 at 10:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
JuicyMelons wrote:

> GT4 loses its online function due to them "running out of
> time" before release date, it's the same with Killzone and the
> small effort they've put in their. Who cares if a game's delayed for
> a week, myself along with many others would rather have a decent game
> that was delayed a month, than have a shoddy FPS/Racer that lasts 2
> weeks before coming repetative >.<

Exactly, i'd much rather wait for a complete game then get a rushed one a month or so earlier without the online support. Hell we've waited long enough for it what's another month or so?
Sat 25/09/04 at 09:59
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Yup, this news sucks. First it's Battlefront being poop, and now it's this. Killzone has no clan support... i can see the PS2 online community quickly swarm to the "Box". Many Socom players have got Live now, in anticipation for Halo 2. I honestly can't see the PS2 lasting too long with the crappy outlook Sony has upon it.

GT4 loses its online function due to them "running out of time" before release date, it's the same with Killzone and the small effort they've put in their. Who cares if a game's delayed for a week, myself along with many others would rather have a decent game that was delayed a month, than have a shoddy FPS/Racer that lasts 2 weeks before coming repetative >.<
Sat 25/09/04 at 08:45
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Didn't you win GAD like 6 months ago lakers?
Fri 24/09/04 at 22:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
After i chose it as my GAD as well, gets!!
Fri 24/09/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I don't play games online anyway so this doesn'y actually bother me, but this means it's just gonne be GT3 with jazzed up graphics. I won't bother with GT4 because, basically, GT3 is just the same game.
Fri 24/09/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Loads of places are stating this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/index.php?filter=PS2
www.gamesindustry.biz

Crap if the ony reason its been left out is to release before christmas, many folk myself included would be happy to wait for the online version early in the year - we've waited long enough already.
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:51
Regular
"Bicycle"
What!!!

Where did you get this info?

I doubt this... Very much.
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:48
Regular
Well, thats 1 less copy they'll sell.
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:43
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Darn it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.