GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4 goes offline"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
GT4 has sadly been made an offline only game. The online play option has been dropped from the game and the plan is now to have the next gran turismo game have online play.

Looks like the online play mode was dropped to allow a release in time for christmas, either that or there was major troubles getting the online mode playable.
Sat 25/09/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I can get GTA: SA from my contact in America for free, i won't need to buy it. However as S vs R has online capabilities and to my knowledge a NTSC game won't go online with English servers then i will have to get the European version of the game therefore claiming that as my GAD instead of GT4 which is no longer online
Sat 25/09/04 at 19:48
Regular
"Bicycle"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Good, good. Saves me buying S vs R now as i don't think NTSC games can
> go online with the English servers can they?

Hehe.

Why you buying S vs R? Get something better... GTA : SA for instance.
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:20
GT3 rearranged = GT4, then.
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just realised it wouldn't matter anyway, if GT4 isn't online in Europe because of time constraints then it shouldn't be online in America either
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:10
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Can't help you there, I'm clueless when it comes to online gaming.

:)
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Good, good. Saves me buying S vs R now as i don't think NTSC games can go online with the English servers can they?
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Can you change what game you pick for GAD? If so i'll pick up
> Smackdown vs Raw instead. I can get GT4 now from my American guy if
> it won't be online

Yea you can, I've done it before. So long as your game hasn't been despatched you can change your claim. I'm asuming GT4 hasn't been despatched to you yet.
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Can you change what game you pick for GAD? If so i'll pick up Smackdown vs Raw instead. I can get GT4 now from my American guy if it won't be online
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:43
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
JuicyMelons wrote:
> GT4 loses its online function due to them "running out of
> time" before release date, it's the same with Killzone and the
> small effort they've put in their. Who cares if a game's delayed for
> a week?

Sony care, they'll miss the Christmas rush and lose money. I expect GT4 to be a big let down for a lot of people.
Sat 25/09/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Bicycle"
Duh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.