GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STOP MAKING NEW TOPICS ON HERE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 18:05
Regular
I will take away the power of Newbies to create new Topics if you do not stop posting more and more new topics on here.

This forum is for PRIME TOPICS.

Five new topics in 15 minutes is just ridiculous.
Sun 10/06/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Good Ideas:

1. Rename Forums - Chat and FOG
2. Ban Ant
Sun 10/06/01 at 19:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
Why not start actually PENALISING rule breaking?

How about giving people who break rules de-merits? Say if you got 10 de-merits in a month, then you are not able to create any topics in any forum for 2 days... or something along those lines. If you start actually enforcing rules by making people pay for breaking them then... Oh I dunno what'll happen but basically you should make them pay for rule breaking.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:57
thanks alot for the tip that'll help me alot

thanks
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:56
Regular
firebreath wrote:
> i post topics sometimes because in a discussion that has already
> started people sometimes ignore me, so i make a topic and that gets
> feed-back off them therefore my voice gets heard!

Others may not like this but, if you are totally ignored and there are loads of replies to other people's messages in the same topic, just click on 'reply with quote' under your message and send that. That way those who missed it get a second chance to read it and if you are ignored again then it shows no one is interested.

If other members complain about you doing that then just remind them that you could've posted them in a new topic but you decided not to for obvious reasons...
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:56
SEE WHAT I MEAN NOBODY LISTENS TO ME!!!!

THIS REALLY, REALLY GET'S ON MY NERVES!!!
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:54
Regular
Lewinsky was banned for breaking the rules. Those members who constantly break the rules (whether they are newbies, regulars, or notables) should be banned also.

It doesn't matter what the rules are, if they are broken, the member should at least get a warning!

Just out of interest: How many members are there registered on UKdiscussions?
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:53
i post topics sometimes because in a discussion that has already started people sometimes ignore me, so i make a topic and that gets feed-back off them therefore my voice gets heard!
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:51
Edgy makes a good point.

I would say, just point them to the rules, but then again, that doesn't always work.
Regular
Just rename this Prime topics forum as 'Future of Gaming' and the other one as 'Chat forum' because the other one obviously isn't used for the Future of Gaming!
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah but, i think iam passed the required number of posts and words to be a regular, but i still have not been promoted to regular, this has happened to other people, so what do we do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.