GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STOP MAKING NEW TOPICS ON HERE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 18:05
Regular
I will take away the power of Newbies to create new Topics if you do not stop posting more and more new topics on here.

This forum is for PRIME TOPICS.

Five new topics in 15 minutes is just ridiculous.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:05
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I will take away the power of Newbies to create new Topics if you do not stop posting more and more new topics on here.

This forum is for PRIME TOPICS.

Five new topics in 15 minutes is just ridiculous.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:06
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I hear you loud and clear Tony!
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:09
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
My mind is made up.

Newbies will not be allowed to start new topics on the Prime Topics forum.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tony wrote:
> My mind is made up.

Newbies will not be allowed to start new
> topics on the Prime Topics forum.

I really dont want to disagree with you, but that isnt fair.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:17
Regular
"not dead"
Tony. You ARE the man.

Simple solution, and it should work.

The idea of forums is that they be used for discussion.

Too many new topics leads to a lack of discussion, and a general decline in the popularity of the forums.

Regulars will understand that they only start decent, game related threads here, so eventually all of the chatty stuff, that should be on the other side of the bridge, will disappear from this forum.

And hopefully, we'll get a nice, game related forum again. :-)
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:17
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Tony I think that is really unfair. You should stop certain people, not everyone. I dont think i've dont that bad with topics on Prime, only on chat when i was learning.

:(

If this rule is kept it will put down SR very badly!

:(
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Well at least i'm nearly a regular and i can get bet to decent topics!

:)
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Damn. So where do we post our interesting topics? Even though I am a newbie, I have to say, good call Tony. I am kissing up to Tony and the Regulars way too much lol. So anyways, where will the newbies that have brains and common-sense post their interesting topics. Like I believe I came up with a few rocket busters eg.

Copularity Pontest - That got over 300 replies.
All About Ram - Became a very interesting topic indeed.
Doomed To Success - A great discussion about the start of gore-fest games.

Remember, I am not complaining but just spilling my guts, so to speak. I would not blame you if you shouted at me back.

*Shaneo puts on a helmet and prepares for the wroth of Tony*

(Again, just kidding)
u should kick the people who start useless forums like 'the longest forum ever' kind of thing, which has nothing what so ever to do with gaming, and people end up replying with messages like 'im english'...sigh
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:21
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
WHAT?!
How can you do this... Okay so most newbies post crap but what about people like Pink Pig?!

Soon enough the Newbies are going to turn into Regulars and the same thing will happen! You need to, and I urge you to, think up a different but off point... people who've been here more than 200 days, Notables and 'Trusted Posters'

Banning Newbies isn't very efficient!

Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.