GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is just taking it too far"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/11/05 at 16:24
Regular
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4385048.stm[/URL]

What kind of crap idea is that?

What worries me even more though, is probably players of that game will pay to get into the 'virtual club' and spend the rest of their night making their character dance next to vaguely female looking characters while sipping on a dash of shandy.

Playing things like WoW yeah, but starting to turn it into an "alternative to real life"?

Please...
Wed 02/11/05 at 23:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm not a MMORPROGPGPGP person, I can't see the appeal of it.

But I can see where this guy is coming from, if he can get the DJs, then he'll be able to pull in the crowds, make some money back. Then again, who says he's in this for the money? He probably loves the fame he's getting, and the notoriety he'll get for this.

I say good luck to him, but I still think he's a nutter :)
Thu 03/11/05 at 10:25
Regular
I'm actually going to download a demo of the game and see what it's all about. I'll post my findings back on here...
Thu 03/11/05 at 10:56
Regular
It's taking AGES to download.
3 1/2 hours to go at 50kb/s.

Also, all the info says that it's a "Virtual Universe NOT a game."
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:00
Regular
"You have a choice"
I believe a virtual GAME would be cool! You put on a headset or something, feel like you're actually there, interact with characters intelligently etc.

But what is the point of a virtual universe where you wander round and do all the thngs you would do in real life? Why go and spend £50 to get into a virtual concert when you could just spend 50 to get into a REAL one?
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:13
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Lukeman wrote:
> But what is the point of a virtual universe where you wander round
> and do all the thngs you would do in real life? Why go and spend
> £50 to get into a virtual concert when you could just spend 50
> to get into a REAL one?

Plus you could actually be there, and eat food in the inteval.
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:22
Regular
I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to spend about 4 hours downloading this, and then be asked for my credit card details straight away. In which case I'll have wasted 4 hours, cos I'm not going to pay anything out.
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Your Honour wrote:
> I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to spend about 4 hours
> downloading this, and then be asked for my credit card details
> straight away. In which case I'll have wasted 4 hours, cos I'm not
> going to pay anything out.

Hmm. "Project Entropia does the opposite! The client software is free to download over the Internet and there are no subscription fee associated whatsoever."

I might check this out. It certainly sounds interesting at least.
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This is the sort of thing where someone will have a nervous breakdown and end up being stuck in the game, like the holodeck on Star Trek.

Maybe it'll allow the computer to catch your soul, like the containment tank in Ghostbusters?
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:12
Regular
Only 2 hours 50 more til the download is done.
Then I'll probably have to do it on my home PC as well. I'm tempted not to bother, but I'm also very interested to see what it's about.
Thu 03/11/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It sounds quite interesting. Think, if enough people do it, they'll have an actual economy.

And the Swedish robo-lady in the promo said goodnight to me!

*tingles*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.