GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Big Three-Oh"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/10/05 at 14:21
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So...I turn 30 tomorrow. And it's just another year, yadda yadda yadda...

So why am I so livid with terror at the thought of leaving my 20's? Dear God, my 20's were, for the most part, awful; I spent all but 2 years of 'em with a lady who turned out to be a bulemic with a borderline psychotic personality disorder! I spent a couple of years of them being a solicitor, and that sucked more balls than a cheap whoore with a snooker fetish. The end of my 20's have seen me find love (aw...), success at work, and general peace of mind.

So why the fear?
Tue 25/10/05 at 14:21
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So...I turn 30 tomorrow. And it's just another year, yadda yadda yadda...

So why am I so livid with terror at the thought of leaving my 20's? Dear God, my 20's were, for the most part, awful; I spent all but 2 years of 'em with a lady who turned out to be a bulemic with a borderline psychotic personality disorder! I spent a couple of years of them being a solicitor, and that sucked more balls than a cheap whoore with a snooker fetish. The end of my 20's have seen me find love (aw...), success at work, and general peace of mind.

So why the fear?
Tue 25/10/05 at 14:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Pretty obvious but I guess it is just the realisation that you are actually a mature adult now. Even though you seem settled and are happy one part of you feels " Argh, society will look down on me if I get plastered. Can I still get away wearing this outfit, maybe I should buy a pipe ".

Goodness, I'll feel the same way when I hit twenty.
Though, I look forward to my twenties, I aim to grow a real proper beard by 21.
Tue 25/10/05 at 14:29
"High polygon count"
Don't worry - been there, done that... once it passes, you won't care.
Tue 25/10/05 at 14:47
Regular
A cheap whoore with a snooker fetish?

Can you give me her number?

I guess you can forget the time that's passing by until a big round number forces you to take notice.

I'm currently looking at 24 and thinking it's the point where you're just too old to be jerking around with the uni and post uni temping and job hunting, you should have a career on the go.

However, finding one of these mythical 'careers' looks like taking longer than the couple of months I have left.

30s? It seems to me like 29 is youth's last stand, as middle age finally wrestles control.
Well, obviously in reality the 'turning point' is just another day older. But that's the association I have with the age.

An old guy I know (60s) chooses to live as he did when he was 24, and refuses to consider hiumself any older.
It's not quite so cut and dry, he takes a lot of supplements, exercise, and various other measures to support it, but that's the lifestyle he wants, so he takes it.
Tue 25/10/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Light wrote:
> So why the fear?

I guess its different for everybody, but for me when I turned 30 the realisation hit that I didnt have all the time in world anymore. I found it quite difficult to shake the feeling that I'd not achieved enough and that I no longer had the time to achieve everything I wanted.

Geez, now you've depressed me again. :P
Tue 25/10/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
30 is nothing.

31 on the other hand is when the realisaton really sinks in....
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Even though you seem settled and are
> happy one part of you feels " Argh, society will look down on
> me if I get plastered. Can I still get away wearing this outfit,
> maybe I should buy a pipe ".

Rubbish. I know Light personally. This is not the case. :P
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:23
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Heh. You say that Panda, but I'm going to the Baltic with Mrs Light tomorrow, and for a meal afterwards.

If I'm not catatonic with drink by 8pm I'll NOT be happy.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Light wrote:
> If I'm not catatonic with drink by 8pm I'll NOT be happy.

See. :P
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:48
Regular
I dunno, I'm pretty unhappy about turning 20...next September.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.