GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX GAME CRASHED DURING E3 PRESENTATION!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 22:08
Regular
After the crash, the screen showed a familiar PC boot screen and a Microsoft representative explained that the memory configuration on the floor models was different than that of the final version. This shows XBox is just a disguised PC! Typical eh!
Fri 26/10/01 at 20:40
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Cooky wrote:
> I just have to laugh at Microsoft and their skank-me-do console the X-Box!

HA
> HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Stick to making cra**y operating systems, and leave the
> console market to the people who know how to make quality consoles!

> NINTENDO ***

:)

I agree, Cooky. Microsoft should stick to what they do best. You could say: "Stick to ya day job!", they will fail, at least, I hope they do.

Nintendo have been in the business for over 100 years - now, you can't really compare the two when it comes down to reliability in console manufacturing, can you?

SHOCKY
Fri 26/10/01 at 15:13
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I just have to laugh at Microsoft and their skank-me-do console the X-Box!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Stick to making cra**y operating systems, and leave the console market to the people who know how to make quality consoles!

*** NINTENDO ***

:)
Wed 10/10/01 at 21:51
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Can I just say how utterly misinformed you must've been to believe the GC crashed more than the X-Box?

X-Box has released some footage of Malice. What a load of old tosh! The graphics are incredibly 'drab' and poor, it portrays no outstanding graphics the X-Box is said to have and it was, seriously, jolting about every few minutes!

Metroid - NOT SMOOTH? Fool. Like Kingklik said, it was in FMV form, and couldn't possibly slow-down.

Not to mention the X-Box possibly has the worst game line-up in history! I can't say that there is ONE original/new game there that has even CAPTURED my attention.

GameCube has many. X-box look so big because it's got a bloody hardrive in it. And do you know why it has got a Hardrive in it? Because they wanted to release it with one and so cut production costs - lazy, cheap gits. If Microsoft have so much money, then why don't they design an ATTRACTIVE console, eh?

Blimey! Have I even mentioned how they LIED about the X-Boxs' specs? Crikey, they said it has 700-odd Mhz, when actually, with the game running at full speed, it has 300-odd Mhz - less than a GC. It is said to have the ability to produce 120-something million polygons per second - ha, what a laugh. This figure DRAMATICALLY drops to around 15 million. This may be slightly more than a GC's though, but that's not the point. Microsoft were advertising false figures, figure that were only true WITHOUT essential graphic effects like lighting, shadows, texture, shading, etc...

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the X-Box was a complete and utter flop. It SHOULD be a disaster, but that's unfortunately not going to happen because they have a certain greedy Bill Gates on their side. He has the money to attract foolish, gullable gamers into his trap. He hands out some false, not accurate figures, in hope that they will grab peoples' attention.

I don't think he has any intention to supply us gamers with new, enjoyable games, his only true, secret intentio is to make more money and promote the Microsoft name to being known even more around the world.

The X-Box's only hope now is for dedicated games' developers; developers that will actually take their time to produce a decent game for it. Mayeb I'm pushing the arguement to the limit here when I say that there are developers hinting that it is tough to develop for the X-Box, and that games will take a long time to complete. EA, I'm sure of this, have yet to plan a game for X-Box - is this right?

This is my opinion. I am totally against X-box and am a dedicated PS2 and GameCube supporter. Everyone's view, and I'm merely stating what I think is the obvious.

Shocky.
Tue 09/10/01 at 11:26
The XBox has more power due to the design and PC components but it isn't actually a PC. Confusing.
Tue 09/10/01 at 11:24
They all have equal potential, but the XBox is just a PC designed for gaming. What will make a machine wanted will be the number of people buying it. Because the XBox is a PC it has more power than most, but some people may prefer Mario or Sonys unique games. There is no true desicion on the matter.
Wed 03/10/01 at 16:16
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> XBOX SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suffice it to say you won't get much respect in the forums (or any Game a day wins) with that kind of pathetic bias!

I think anyonme who knows anything more than G. W.Bush will realise that the DC, PS2, GC AND Xbox are all fantastic console, all with some great games.
Tue 02/10/01 at 13:08
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
XBOX SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 17/08/01 at 23:21
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
kingklik wrote:
> Nights, I haven't written in this forum for ages and I've just come
> back to have a quick peek. I just read my post in this topic and it
> looks absolutely pathetic, unless it was a joke. Whateverr the case,
> please forget it because I don't mean it.

you are forgiven

NiGHTS! reaches for his gun
Tue 07/08/01 at 18:36
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Nights, I haven't written in this forum for ages and I've just come back to have a quick peek. I just read my post in this topic and it looks absolutely pathetic, unless it was a joke. Whateverr the case, please forget it because I don't mean it.
Thu 02/08/01 at 21:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
sorry about double posting!

NiGHTS!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.