GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX GAME CRASHED DURING E3 PRESENTATION!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 22:08
Regular
After the crash, the screen showed a familiar PC boot screen and a Microsoft representative explained that the memory configuration on the floor models was different than that of the final version. This shows XBox is just a disguised PC! Typical eh!
Sun 09/12/01 at 16:03
Regular
"Bah"
LOL what can you expect from Bill Gates?You expect to get a good games machine?
Every time it has a probelm the blue boot screen comes up and also hard ware error - pathetic!!
MM
Wed 05/12/01 at 21:36
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
indeed... after all, the DC was more of a PC in a box! Oh, and as for the original PSX... that was certainly just a PC in a box, which made it so easy to program that developers flocked to it!

Yet anti-MS folk think this is a bad thing... how many of these people have a psx/2??

Sonic
Wed 05/12/01 at 10:47
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Every console experiences problems or another at launch. So why single out Microsoft? The PlayStation 2 has far been the worst offender. C'mon, I know a few people, including myself, who had there's "die" on them after a month or use.

Do you know what it is? I really think these close-minded people are having a hard-time dealing with the fact, that Microsoft have issued out a decent console which wouldn't look out of place under anyone's TV. Surely, you can't honestly sit there and say you don't want to play titles such as Raw Is War, Halo, Dead or Alive 3, Jet Set Radio Future or Shenmue 2?

Let's say for arguments sake, it is a "PC-in-a-box". So what?
Tue 04/12/01 at 22:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Bleeders wrote:
> Uuh excuse me, did either of you read SonicRav's post?

WOO HOO! Someone who actually reads posts rather than randomly posts rubbish!

If the other posters scroll down, you will find a HUGE post by me showing that the Xbox has a far BETTER record when in comes to lack of crashes than either the GC or PS2...

The only reason you have ONLY heard about that ONE Xbox crash is that the biased media hates Microsoft... they did whole pages dedicated to one crash that took place right at the end of waht was otherwise a highly successful demo by MS...

Read my post and you'll see that PS2 and GC have had FAR, FAR, FAR worse crashes!

Sonic
Tue 04/12/01 at 13:33
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Uuh excuse me, did either of you read SonicRav's post?
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:03
LOL I KNEW PS2 WILL NOT FAIL ON ME:)
Sun 25/11/01 at 11:07
It crashed during E3? Bill must have been imbarrassed Get your self a PS2 less trouble and its out now
Fri 23/11/01 at 01:37
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
i heard about this it looked just like a pc error
Sat 27/10/01 at 18:14
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
That especially went out to Shocky, who drew much on what Kingklic wrote... I think you'll find that he later appologised for what he describes as a "pathetic" post (in his own words!).

If only people were less biased like Kingklik.

SonicRav wrote:
> I refer you to my previous posts on this topic under the names of NiGHTS and
> SonicRav...

fact is that the Xbox crashed once, at one presentation. The PS2
> crashed dozens of times at Sony's big launch event... indeed, many of the main
> screen demos were cancelled all together! On top of that, holes had to be
> drilled in all the console pods so that the reset button could be pressed when
> the consoles crashed... Sony even employed people to press the reset
> buttons.

OH! But Sony are good, and Microsoft are bad, so we must forget
> Sony's HUGE mistakes, and draw upon Microsoft's one minor mistake.

I suggest
> you read my revious posts before you reply.

Sonic
Sat 27/10/01 at 18:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I refer you to my previous posts on this topic under the names of NiGHTS and SonicRav...

fact is that the Xbox crashed once, at one presentation. The PS2 crashed dozens of times at Sony's big launch event... indeed, many of the main screen demos were cancelled all together! On top of that, holes had to be drilled in all the console pods so that the reset button could be pressed when the consoles crashed... Sony even employed people to press the reset buttons.

OH! But Sony are good, and Microsoft are bad, so we must forget Sony's HUGE mistakes, and draw upon Microsoft's one minor mistake.

I suggest you read my revious posts before you reply.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.