GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We have qualified!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/10/05 at 21:30
Regular
Not like we're going to get anywhere playing like we are but it's nice to know we'll be there to get knocked out.
Sat 15/10/05 at 01:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
When I say his workrate is better, I don't mean he tries harder than SWP when he gets the ball. I mean that whenever he doesn't have the ball, he's usually trying to get it back, or running back into defence to make last ditch tackles, and when he's done that he can pass the ball straight out to Rooney or whoever to create a counter-attack. I didn't see Wright-Phillips doing any defensive work on Wednesday, maybe I just missed it, but he certainly doesn't do as much as Beckham.

Like I've said before, a straight comparison is stupid because they're different types of player. I like both players, if I were a manager I'd be delighted to have either in my team. But I think Beckham is a greater asset.
Fri 14/10/05 at 22:24
Regular
Blank wrote:
> And his workrate is better.

Don't think you can call it between them, to be honest.

Now Beckham has put his stamina issues well and truly behind him he's been much better, but Wright-Phillips was up and down the right-flank like an absolute trooper last season and didn't stop running in the Poland game. Perhaps a little harsh to say one is better than the other.

And for all of Beckham's crossing ability, whether you pick him or SWP depends on the gameplan and at least a few of the other nine players picked.
Fri 14/10/05 at 13:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It doesn't matter what team you put out you'll get knocked out by the first decent team you come across or lose on penalties as usual :-D *runs from mob*
Fri 14/10/05 at 12:05
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
I dont think anyone (or at least me) is saying that SWP is a better player than Beckham. However what needs to be considered is that playing SWP creates more space for Rooney and Lampard.

If you played Gerrard on the left and Beckham on the right of a midfield 3 then the opposition's back 4 would not get as spread as it did on Wed, and Rooney would not have the space to turn and run into.

Fair enough SWP's final ball was often poor on Wed, but he stretched the defence!

Im not saying either SWP or Beckham should play, I can just see sense in some of the possibilities!
Thu 13/10/05 at 23:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Big up to my dubba-G Blank over there, thas a homey who knows his beef!
Thu 13/10/05 at 23:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Wright-Phillips might be able to take on players, but what most people forget is that he provides nowhere the standard of crossing Beckham does, and Beckham will get more assists. Plus Beckham's the captain. And his workrate is better. Blah blah, I've said ti all before, you lot are idiots. Wright-Phillips is great, but at the moment Beckham is on peak form and Wright-Phillips isn't experienced.
Thu 13/10/05 at 23:09
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> He isn't playing as a winger though, as beckham doesn't. He'd play
> that way defensivly, but on attacks the winger will more likely be
> ashley cole...

Ok, so that brings us back to my original point - no wingers and a cluttered centre.

> Seriously I suggested it to someone on MSN and he has pointed me to
> the some website that has a strikingly similar suggestion.

There are countless numbers of different England teams at the moment. Nobody knows our best team and everyone has their opinion. I'm not surprised that a diamond comprising our three best midfielders and a holding player is doing the rounds.
Thu 13/10/05 at 20:48
Regular
"0228"
November-ish in a friendly against Argentina.
Thu 13/10/05 at 20:46
Regular
"~DPG~"
When is Englands next match if anyone knows? Thanks.
Thu 13/10/05 at 20:33
Regular
He isn't playing as a winger though, as beckham doesn't. He'd play that way defensivly, but on attacks the winger will more likely be ashley cole...

Seriously I suggested it to someone on MSN and he has pointed me to the some website that has a strikingly similar suggestion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.