GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Englands Performence"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/10/05 at 18:19
Regular
"~DPG~"
England...Today, i witnessed terrible play. Missing Rooney? Maybe, but it's not a one man team. The 'team' effort was abismal. We couldn't string a pass together, let alone a shot. Our one goal came from a penalty!

I don't know what is wrong and certainly cannot pin-point it, but if we hope to qualify for the world cup and get in the finals, we need to improve. And fast.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:31
Regular
"Baros!!!"
JFH wrote:
> Foreman wrote:
> So just because of that header he played crap?
>
> No,

So now he hasn't had a bad game?

> but you said, and I quote, 'You tell me 1 thing he did wrong?'
> Therefore, I only gave one thing that he did wrong. You want another?
> Alright then, why wasn't he there to pick up on the rebound off Owen's
> shot from the right hand side? Beckham got closer to the ball than
> Crouch.

*Put's hand on head*

How the hell is that a mistake?

So Owen shoots, where do you want Crouch to be? Following up right, and he was as you can clearly see in the replay and so was Beckham. The defender was also doing his job and was also quick to react and get a foot to it to clear form danger.

Now you tell me if I shoot, where is the ball going to go if the keeper saves it? you can't, he could palm it away in any direction.

You see that in every game of football with opportunities like Crouch had and I guarentee less than 50% of those chance go in.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:35
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The performance was below par but better than Northern Ireland but it really had to be because it couldn't get any worse! Having 3 captains didn't help!

Beckham didn't deserve to get sent off and after he did England looked really nervous. Poland on Wednesday is looking really dodgy but hopefully the result in the Holland game will go our way and we won't have to get a result to qualify.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:36
Regular
"0228"
Foreman wrote:
> JFH wrote:
> Foreman wrote:
> So just because of that header he played crap?
>
> No,
>
> So now he hasn't had a bad game?

WTF?

Foreman: So just because of that header he played crap?

You seem to be implying that I'm saying he played badly just because of one mistake. I then say 'No' and make it quite clear that there were other mistakes which added up to make it a bad game. You then come out with some crap to make it look like I'm contradicting myself? That's just stupid.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:38
Regular
Crouch is awful.

JFH = right
Foreman = wrong. Shame on you, you know what a good striker is, you have the best one there is.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:41
Regular
"..."
I think, much like the media, most of you see the England team on paper and realise that we should be better than this. So I take it Crouch is this weeks scapegoat?

I don't think you can blame one player for today's performance. The team lacked any form of urgency, they were too calm, too laid back about things. Much like Sven himself. He's just created a team in his own image.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:42
Regular
The England team is of no concern to me. This match hasn't had any influence on my opinion except to strengthen it. Crouch is not good enough to play for England or, especially, Liverpool.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:42
Regular
"..."
Stryke wrote:
> Crouch is awful.

For my money he's a decent 'target man' type centre forward. They are a dying breed so it stands to reason that we should be looking at whether we need one or not.

Besides I'd happily swap Crouch for Gareth Taylor and then you would see what a truly awful target man is...
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Target man"
"Good in the air"

Stuff like that annoys me. England and Liverpool don't need an excuse to punt long balls into the area. They've done just fine with running strikers.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:45
Regular
"Baros!!!"
JFH wrote:

> You seem to be implying that I'm saying he played badly just
> because of one mistake. I then say 'No' and make it quite clear that
> there were other mistakes which added up to make it a bad game.

What you mean when you said 'why wasn't he there to pick up on the rebound off Owen's shot from the right hand side? Beckham got closer to the ball than Crouch'

That's a very very poor one. Like I said, that will happen in nearly every single match and around 50% of the ones who manage to follow up end up missing anyways. Crouch did well to even get that near to the ball.

Sat 08/10/05 at 19:47
Regular
"..."
Stryke wrote:
> "Target man"
> "Good in the air"
>
> Stuff like that annoys me. England and Liverpool don't need an excuse
> to punt long balls into the area. They've done just fine with running
> strikers.

Can definetly sympathise with that, as Forest are awful when the aforementioned Gareth Taylor plays up front, but when the smaller David Johnson and Jack Lester play, we improve tenfold.

My point is you can hardly blame Crouch (or Taylor), he plays a certain way and managers should be smart enough to figure out whether that's how they want their team to play, or not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.