GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Englands Performence"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/10/05 at 18:19
Regular
"~DPG~"
England...Today, i witnessed terrible play. Missing Rooney? Maybe, but it's not a one man team. The 'team' effort was abismal. We couldn't string a pass together, let alone a shot. Our one goal came from a penalty!

I don't know what is wrong and certainly cannot pin-point it, but if we hope to qualify for the world cup and get in the finals, we need to improve. And fast.
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:19
Regular
"~DPG~"
England...Today, i witnessed terrible play. Missing Rooney? Maybe, but it's not a one man team. The 'team' effort was abismal. We couldn't string a pass together, let alone a shot. Our one goal came from a penalty!

I don't know what is wrong and certainly cannot pin-point it, but if we hope to qualify for the world cup and get in the finals, we need to improve. And fast.
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:24
Regular
"not dead"
A lack of urgency. Full backs that offer little attacking support (though Luke Young was vastly improved on his last performances).

Our midfield didn't play badly, we created opportunities, and should have had another penalty. Troubled thier keeper a few times.

It wasn't as bad as the media will make out, we still won, but there are many problems all around the pitch that need to be sorted out.
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:28
Regular
"~DPG~"
Totally agree with you, but i think we needed to attack so much more. Beckham was unlucky with the 2nd challenge which earned him a red card, but i don't think England will play badly without him on wednesday. Owen needs to step his game up. He gets away with doing far too little. I think Crouch has improved ever so slightly, but it's beyond me how there is no other better player we could put as a forward.
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:29
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
the problems concerning the team were evident, but when your down to 10 men you do NOT take Owen off and leave Crouch on!! didnt make much ifference as we still won though! :)

and, in the words of my god Iain Dowie, if that was a booking let alone a sending off for Becks, im a Dutchman!!
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:34
Regular
"~DPG~"
Sven makes some very odd subs. I agree that while Owen wasn't doing much, he wasn't provided with the ball half as much as he should be. Crouch should be dropped from the team. I am confident there is better players available.
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:35
Regular
"not dead"
Defoe or Bent would have given us a greater chance of a break-away goal.

Joe Cole's yellow card offence in the first half was hilarious, though he's lucky he didn't get his head kicked off. I always thought retaliation was an offence, whether contact is made or not..?

No way Beckham should have been sent off, I've got my fingers crossed that he'll rise again, much like after what happened in France, because when on top of his game, he's fantastic.
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:38
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
what puzzles me is why he (Crouch) was even there in the first place. Darren Bent is clearly the form player, scoring a hat-full of goals this season.

No doubt someone will post back with some over exaggerated and opinionated point to shout me down, but Darren Bent should have started over Peter Crouch.
So there.
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:38
Regular
"~DPG~"
Joe coals yellow card was a really silly thing to do. While i was also amused, it's just not quality football. Joe Coals crossing quality was rather bad as well...Crouch actually couldn't have done anything with that.. (Yes i have just defended Crouch!)
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I hate Crouch aswell, but what he did today was a good job. I don't know how you can criticise him., unless I was watching a totally different game.
Sat 08/10/05 at 18:57
Regular
"0228"
Foreman wrote:
> I hate Crouch aswell, but what he did today was a good job. I don't
> know how you can criticise him., unless I was watching a totally
> different game.

Yeah, I think you must have been watching a different match. He was useless, even Heskey would have been better. That's right, Heskey.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.