GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Everyone knows scars are big, clever and make you look cool. Like smoking and swearing and punching children. But I have some of the most retarded scars on any human.

I have one down the length of my right forearm, quite faint, from falling off a skateboard in one of those hilarious videos you've no doubt seen. Thing is, it didn't even hurt at the time, it was literally just a scrape, the top of the skin came off. Now I have a twatty looking scar the length of my arm for falling off a moving plank of wood.

On my bicep on the same arm, I have a nasty looking scar, but - here's the thing - I don't know where it came from. How spasticated is that? It happened while I was at uni, I just looked at my arm one day and found I had a scar there where there was no scar before. It kind of looks circular, like I fell on a glass or bottle or something, but the fact I'm scarred for life and don't know how I did it makes me feel stupid. It's not like I didn't remember cutting myself, it's that I don't remember the injury ever being there - how long does a cut take to scar? A week or more? I must have been drunk a long time.

I tell people my scars are from 'Nam.

Share your scar stories; it'll be like Jaws, only with nerds who fall off skateboards.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:59
Regular
"Selected"
I have 3 circular scares that run in a line on the inside of the elbow joint, like this:

o

o

o

I got them after trying to put my cat into a bath - he someone how managed to use only one nail of one claw to puncture the skin really deeply. Three times. In equal distances.

I tell girls I used to inject heroin because it makes me look like a hardass.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:38
Regular
Positively hilarious that typo
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:36
Regular
"For One Night Only"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Maybe it's like a rule, and they have to muck things up first time by
> law.
> Or, surgeons are generally useless?
>
> At least they went in the same place for me.

It's not too bad, they're right next to each other, so atleast it's symetrical.

tnc wrote:
> Another scar I have is a faint red scar running the length of my left left

I'm tired, but I find that funny.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:33
"period drama"
The Hibernator wrote:
> Ofcourse, I forgot...
>
> I have two big scars above my lady-region, too. Same as you, an
> operation... Why two? Because they didn't do it right the first time.

Maybe it's like a rule, and they have to muck things up first time by law.
Or, surgeons are generally useless?

At least they went in the same place for me.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:29
Regular
I have a scar right on my kneecap, it's bright pink and surrounded by a darkish-hue of browny skin. About 6 years ago (my God, 6 years already) I was at a party and we decided to release a Helium balloon with a message on, you know, the 'call if found'. It was dark and I wasn't watching where I was going, so I jogged backwards and over a small balcony, somehow smacking my knee on the way down. The skin was torn through five layers although it was virtually painless, but bled copiously.

Another scar I have is a faint red scar running the length of my left leg, from calf to knee. I was climbing a tree at my friends house many years ago when I slipped. It was one of the evil Pine trees with the dry spindly branches, one of these whipped against me.

I also have the usual BCG stab mark on my arm, from that pathetically short lived tetanus jab. I pretend I was stung by a killer bee (or several dozen)
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:23
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Ofcourse, I forgot...

I have two big scars above my lady-region, too. Same as you, an operation... Why two? Because they didn't do it right the first time.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:19
"period drama"
The Hibernator wrote:
> But THE ULTIMATE SCAR is on my right wrist

omg emo!1

Yeah, so ... I've got a nice one on my middle knuckle of my right hand caused by an open tin, of all manly things, and a big one above my lady parts from an operation I had when I was about 5 to stop some tubes leaking stuff into my groin. Slightly strange that, then I had to have another operation in the same place because the moron doctor nicked something else on the way back out. Idiot.
Thu 15/09/05 at 21:15
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I have a bunch of scars...

One next to my eye where it was cut open by my sister in a fight.

A nice little cresent-shaped scar on the back of my head which is very visible when I have very short hair. I got that from cracking my head open. I've cracked my head open three times.

I have a scar that looks like a removed third nipple on my chest, from a sore I randomnly developed there. The same sores developed under my right armpit, and I have a few dot-sized scars there, too.

I have a dot-sized scar on my leg from where a stone got lodged in it, where it stayed for a LONG time.

I have a tiny scar on my toe, a birth mark.

But THE ULTIMATE SCAR is on my right wrist from three seperate breakings all on the same bone which was near enough destroyed. I had to have surgery and now I've got a real beauty. Some say it looks like a botched suicide attempt. I'd show you, but I don't know how to host images or whatever is required.

EDIT: I still remember the date of the fateful third wrist-breaking that led to an operation. I broke it an entire year ago, as of tomorrah.
Thu 15/09/05 at 20:47
Regular
"You've upset me"
OddToe wrote:
> Actual scars, I have found some more appearing recently around the
> side of my rib-cage.

Depending on how old you are I'd say they're probably stretch-marks. I've got them at the top of my thighs and a few round to my inside leg and they do look deceptively like proper scratch scars.

Anyway, onto the manly boasting. I've got the kind of skin that scars ridiculously easily; as long as it actually breaks the skin, even the merest scratch will leave me with a permanent scar. As a consequence I can't remember how I got most of them. My arms/hands/legs are covered in them though.

Couple I can remember are a large plane of scar tissue on my shin that came from my chair breaking and a nail tearing a nice hole in my skin. Ow. I've got one on my head (covered by hair usually but there's a noticeable bald spot when it's short) from where I lay back without looking behind me and cracked my head open on a cupboard. Oh and there's one on my arm where, through a long series of events, I ended up with a dart stuck in my flesh and my resultant panicky ripping of it free has left a scar about 2 inches long near my elbow.

Mine are dull :-(
Thu 15/09/05 at 20:25
"Tesco value"
got a beastie on my chin, came off my BMX and hit the pavement, chin first.

Quite a deep, it's shrunk over time but I've when my stubble comes throught I get a bald strip.

The one I got in my car crash down the side of my face and below my ear has cleared up completely, that was quite a deep one too I got in March.

When I had my medicals the Dr was suprised at my moles on my body, occasionally one or two recede after time, but about ten at once all had white rings around them and have disappeared completely, leaving faint white marks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.