GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Everyone knows scars are big, clever and make you look cool. Like smoking and swearing and punching children. But I have some of the most retarded scars on any human.

I have one down the length of my right forearm, quite faint, from falling off a skateboard in one of those hilarious videos you've no doubt seen. Thing is, it didn't even hurt at the time, it was literally just a scrape, the top of the skin came off. Now I have a twatty looking scar the length of my arm for falling off a moving plank of wood.

On my bicep on the same arm, I have a nasty looking scar, but - here's the thing - I don't know where it came from. How spasticated is that? It happened while I was at uni, I just looked at my arm one day and found I had a scar there where there was no scar before. It kind of looks circular, like I fell on a glass or bottle or something, but the fact I'm scarred for life and don't know how I did it makes me feel stupid. It's not like I didn't remember cutting myself, it's that I don't remember the injury ever being there - how long does a cut take to scar? A week or more? I must have been drunk a long time.

I tell people my scars are from 'Nam.

Share your scar stories; it'll be like Jaws, only with nerds who fall off skateboards.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:34
Regular
"That's right!"
Nice pic, Timmargh, just as I'm about to eat.

The other day I was mincing around in shorts and noticed I had a scar from when we were jumping fences in Croft (there for the bike racing) after a few pints, and instead of putting my left leg over the bit of wood (as you normally do whilst climbing) I put my left leg INTO the wood.

Toppled over, bled a bit, had a huge graze which has slowly faded into a bit of a scar which I still have now two months later. Nice.
Sat 17/09/05 at 00:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I guessed it'd be something like that ... YOU B***ARD!!!

:^P
Sat 17/09/05 at 00:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
Timmargh wrote:
> They're the funniest - what was it?

I pointed out the irony of you having athlete's foot, but then thought that was a bit harsh. Was considering leaving it on, knowing your sense of humour but thought I'd play it safe. Since you asked though... :-)
Fri 16/09/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> EDIT: Sorry. Tasteless joke, now removed.

They're the funniest - what was it?
Fri 16/09/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Haha, it had the desired effect then?

Long story short: can't roll over in bed very easily, slept on right-hand side for too many nights in a row, developed pressure sore on foot, very painful due to swelling (from not walking anymore), nurse prescribed cream for sore, got an infection, sore 'burst' into ulcer.

It's been like it since the end of June and it's bloody painful because it's on the surface where the nerve endings are - I'm on the maximum dosage of tramadol hydrochloride for the pain which (I've been told) is only one step down from morphine. I'm high all day because they're so strong - not quite as fun as amphetamines, but almost.

I don't have athlete's foot, but I couldn't wash my foot for a fortnight or so because the cream they were putting on it each day would've been washed off. Fortunately they've finished using the cream now (can only use it for short periods because it's steroid based) and my foot is nice and clean, if still "gooey".

Saying all that, though, I've seen some pictures of other peoples foot ulcers on Google images and I think I got off quite lightly - they look ten times worse.
Fri 16/09/05 at 21:01
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Ewww. Just Ewww.

How?
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:54
Regular
That's what happens when you move your wheelchair by kicking your feet on the wheels.
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'd give you a tenner if you licked it MM
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Why does your foot look like a beehive?
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:47
Regular
Yeah that is mingin....but cool at the same time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.